• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also got to see lots of other people's pairs in the works...

can you say seamless wholecut crocodile boot??????????????? for a particular Russian client.

i think he just
poasted it today
on his blog
it is supposed
to be a chelsea.....

tumblr_nhe8fcKtTL1rmf81eo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhe974cI8d1rmf81eo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhe974cI8d1rmf81eo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nhe974cI8d1rmf81eo8_1280.jpg

sauce: his blog

Stone

Reaction score
The straight vertical lines of the scales on the ankle makes it seem like he could almost do a gusset sided chelsea boot - with the elastic running in between the scales.

That's not the plan is it, as far as you know? How ridiculously awesome would that be?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The straight vertical lines of the scales on the ankle makes it seem like he could almost do a gusset sided chelsea boot - with the elastic running in between the scales.

That's not the plan is it, as far as you know? How ridiculously awesome would that be?

That's exactly the plan.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you want to know what last a shoe is...just email Antonio...

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M and Maftei might be the two nicest bespoke makers I've ever seen. Haven't had the pleasure yet of handling either product, but just...wow. Amazing craftsman. And he's under 45, no?

Particularly love the gator. Looks much more durable than say lizard.

Great shoes, gents. Happy New Year!

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People should know that Antonio has some smart ways of avoiding customs/duties.

I paid no customs fees or duties for my two pairs of shoes.

If you are ordering from him, ask him for more info.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just commissioned my first pair from Antonio. Managed to sneak the order in before the price increase for the new year. It's an Aurum shoe, cap-toe adelaide (I believe the model is called 'Romulus' on his Tumblr) on the Aurum chisel last, no broguing, black pebble grain Annonay leather. Can't wait :)

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just commissioned my first pair from Antonio. Managed to sneak the order in before the price increase for the new year. It's an Aurum shoe, cap-toe adelaide (I believe the model is called 'Romulus' on his Tumblr) on the Aurum chisel last, no broguing, black pebble grain Annonay leather. Can't wait :)

Love that model. Can't wait to see pics.

Verniza

Reaction score
New Year, new shoes.

Would love some advice from people who are knowledgeable about Antonio's work. From what I gather, the Aurum is the higher grade compared to his RTW line especially in terms of leather used.

Are there other noticeable differences between them and how do they stack up against each other?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New Year, new shoes.

Would love some advice from people who are knowledgeable about Antonio's work. From what I gather, the Aurum is the higher grade compared to his RTW line especially in terms of leather used.

Are there other noticeable differences between them and how do they stack up against each other?

There's an informative post about the differences. Please search for it.

Antonio says an Aurum shoe takes him twice as long to make.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He makes some of the most beautiful shoes. This is one of my favorites. Anyone know what last and what line it is from?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antonio just sent me pictures of the finished shoes. Can't wait to get them!

which model are these and what specs do you have on them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads