• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1BE648E2-3462-4D5D-A6A5-C8597D2C446E.jpeg

ajay199127

Reaction score
Why do I not see many orthos being commissioned? They look spectacular and a bi material suede wouldn’t hurt either.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would guess because he doesn’t post many and it isn’t available as a stock product or in the MTO page so you’d have to know it existed and ask for a custom order.

ajay199127

Reaction score
Oh okay, I think from a design point of view, ortho and hastatus are uniquely meccariello. Never seen any other maker replicate it.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do I not see many orthos being commissioned? They look spectacular and a bi material suede wouldn’t hurt either.
I would guess because he doesn’t post many and it isn’t available as a stock product or in the MTO page so you’d have to know it existed and ask for a custom order.
I think the Ortho was originally an Aurum pattern only. The high price of the MTO is also a possible reason for the lack of popularity for Argentum MTO. I've had my eye on an Ortho for a while, but at 1000+ euros for MTO, I keep getting distracted by other orders.

hysteria

Reaction score
Boys, my first pair is finally done and on the way!
Just wanted to share some preliminary photos that Antonio sent me. I was anxious about how the colours would turn out and spent some time agonizing over this and emphasizing to Antonio the exact shade I was looking for, with references. If the photos are accurate, I think he nailed it as I was going for this dark wine (borderline burgundy) look. Praying that it fits me well and can serve as a great benchmark for future orders.

Will share more when it arrives. Very excited!

JPEG image.jpeg

JPEG image.jpeg
JPEG image.jpeg

ajay199127

Reaction score
Gents, could anyone owing an Oxford on the Aurum round last, share their experience from a fit perspective. 🙏🏾

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to share some preliminary photos that Antonio sent me. I was anxious about how the colours would turn out and spent some time agonizing over this and emphasizing to Antonio the exact shade I was looking for, with references. If the photos are accurate, I think he nailed it as I was going for this dark wine (borderline burgundy) look. Praying that it fits me well and can serve as a great benchmark for future orders.

View attachment 1816048
View attachment 1816050 View attachment 1816049

Been away from the thread for a bit. Nice that you will receive your shoes. I am sure that you will be pleased, personal patina gripe aside of course. Word of caution, which I'm sure was mentioned previously but bears repeating, AM shoes tend to have a higher instep than most. They also have a more snug fit around the heel. One may not be ideal, but the other is. Shouldn't be too excessive. In any case, enjoy your shoes. Don't become that accustomed to patina'd shoes. They are toxic for the vision.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea but solid green shoes looks like brown is all right 🤔

There was a movie many years ago starring Jack Black. Movie was called Shallow Hal. The guy saw something he wanted to see not what was actually there.

Anywho, if my eyes see brown it is brown. Problem is there's other people who can see the green color, at that point it's finito la música for those green shoes 🤷🏻‍♂️.

unprocessed

Reaction score

View attachment 1816048
View attachment 1816050 View attachment 1816049

Don’t let the patina haters get you down, I’ve never understood the dislike for even subtle patinas on this forum. This pair looks awesome, and imagine they’ll look even better with a nice mirror shine.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
The 3D scanning remote bespoke experiment is underway. The tentative style to make would be a seamless wholecut in navy museum (Ilcea, special selection of Grade A+ for the maestro)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The 3D scanning remote bespoke experiment is underway. The tentative style to make would be a seamless wholecut in navy museum (Ilcea, special selection of Grade A+ for the maestro)

very interested to find out how it goes, but AM already has your last right, so it's hard not for him to "mentally cheat"?

shoes83

Reaction score
very interested to find out how it goes, but AM already has your last right, so it's hard not for him to "mentally cheat"?
Comparing one with the other, or maybe a pair made one with vs. another pair made with the other would be very interesting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads