• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this one is on Hawksbill

also hawksbill
View attachment 1709154

classic round (or just round), fineshoehk had a split toe on this I thought it was "too round"
View attachment 1709155

B2
View attachment 1709151

Mayfair 2, definitely too sleek
View attachment 1709152

last B
View attachment 1709153

B last looks like a great fit for a SpTD. Hawksbill I guess would be a second solid option.

Dark brown like this...?

Though I think black would look fantastic...!

Dark brown in that dark color definitely is what I would select. Black as well is ??

No. Just...no.

Yes you can definitely use that black peccary on a SpTD.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the hawksbill last again? Is it a rounded last? I'm not necessarily opposed to a dark brown color, but I'm sure many know Brown might as well be my middle name so would prefer something else. On this proposed Centurion, I would be looking for a rounded toe. Mayfair looks rounded. Then there's the obvious B last. A modern round would be fine.

About colors again, would be cool if there were a faded black that wasn't too dark. Could possibly add a bunch of black cream and wax to a dark brown leather. Applied after delivery not before.
What say you @Zapasman?
I would be fine with B last/Hawksbill, peccary brown or dark, HAF leather sole and of course Roma line. I am quite open.

Edit: I am for the widest/more width last but prefer the shape of Hawksbill (I might go with an F widht in anycase like in GG).

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be fine with B last/Hawksbill, peccary brown or dark, HAF leather sole and of course Roma line. I am quite open.

Edit: I am for the widest/more width last but prefer the shape of Hawksbill (I might go with an F widht in anycase like in GG).

The premise behind the creation of the Roma line, from my perspective at least, is an entry level line that would be "easier" to make. It would offer customers a taste of the good stuff but contain that AM soul.

With that said, a casual Centurion that isn't as well built should fall into that premise. Consequently a Roma Centurion, not an option at the moment, would be a fantastic opportunity for those interested in that SpTD to get a taste of what the fully featured Centurion has to offer without the high price tag.

Now to further increase the informality level of this proposed Roma Centurion, what about the addition of a contrasting edging? If the upper is dark enough, it would provide a subtle contrast. That contrast should further increase the versatility of the SpTDs being worn with casual to slightly smart outfits.

Forgetting about who the maker is (ZB) but using the colors of the upper and edging as an example, something along the lines of this shoe is what I had in mind.
Screenshot_20211124-124959_Instagram.jpg

I'd imagine that Dark brown or black peccary with that edging would work well. A rounded toe of course.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, like that edge colour dressing too. As far as I do not have any relation with AM/Angela, who would be willing to roll this GMTO? I think we can gather +6 members easily but do not know wheather AM will accept it as far as peccary leather might be kept for some other construction or bespoke. We might start asking him whether he sees it feasible and move on?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, like that edge colour dressing too. As far as I do not have any relation with AM/Angela, who would be willing to roll this GMTO? I think we can gather +6 members easily but do not know wheather AM will accept it as far as peccary leather might be kept for some other construction or bespoke. We might start asking him whether he sees it feasible and move on?

In the works on feasiblity.

In terms of people interested in that makeup, I count myself and you. Who else was it?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is the make up exactly? Also even old Argentum GMTO was 12, he wasn’t doing GMTO on argentum for a while too, so if anyone was to propose I’ll say we get maximum fire power before we go

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the make up exactly? Also even old Argentum GMTO was 12, he wasn’t doing GMTO on argentum for a while too, so if anyone was to propose I’ll say we get maximum fire power before we go
I think this one I don’t expect to get any benefits of a GMTO other than maybe just convincing him it should exist. In though.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would think we need enough number for him to really just entertain to offer it, else I would think he just think it’s guys who mostly would have really paid up anyway

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics