• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Low probability event, but if you get enough people maybe try to convenience AM to do it on Roma line to get cost down (so more people, plus split toe without fiddle back is just fine). Can even default to non patina for starter to get more people interested (else this accent everywhere type patina does feel very Italian which some like and some don’t). Main point is the split, pie crust and with peccary leather.

though definitely low probability, I think AM is pretty set on doing any non standard thing on Argentum HW only, Roma was suppose to be kind “get you in the door more basic” type of thing?

Would definitely be curious if we could get a GMTO going that would even pique Antonio's interest enough for him to consider it.

For instance.....

Model: Centurion
Last: ? (leaning towards a non 606 last)
Upper: Blk Peccary or a Russian Hatchgrain in some Dark color - - Black perhaps ?
Construction: Roma specs
Waist: Standard square pegged
Sole: Double leather OR
Double in front, single at the waist
Optional: toe plates

Not that I am saying I would want the proposed shoe above but more as an example or a reference point.

Were that makeup to generate interest and then Antonio felt compelled to make it, I would certainly be interested in ordering one but only to help the group out. Not because I would want it myself. All for the group's best interests.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Would definitely be curious if we could get a GMTO going that would even pique Antonio's interest enough for him to consider it.

For instance.....

Upper: Blk Peccary or a Russian Hatchgrain in some Dark color - - Black perhaps ?

Not that I am saying I would want the proposed shoe above but more as an example or a reference point.

Were that makeup to generate interest and then Antonio felt compelled to make it, I would certainly be interested in ordering one but only to help the group out. Not because I would want it myself. All for the group's best interests.

black peccary sounds “interesting”, but then I would think it just covers most the texture up in that case might as well just go Horween hatchgrain and save some?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For instance.....

Hawksbill peccary centurion would be intriguing. Dark brown though :stirpot:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh yea I don’t love round split toe but that hawksbill centurion a few IG pages back definitely changed my mind

edit this

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yea I don’t love round split toe but that hawksbill centurion a few IG pages back definitely changed my mind

edit this

Was thinking more like a Mayfair 2 or B last. The Hawksbill may be too dressy but based on the Centurion pictured ??‍♂️.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although I have been following this thread, I have no idea whats a Roma construction, but sounds great.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For instance.....

I would not mind to get black peccary although I prefer the dark brown. Maybe we can just say peccary leather and personalize the patina?.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sounds like you want make this into RTW patina option :p

Roma is one down from Argentum, his new HW entry line, pegged waist, no fiddleback, not sure what else is different, and that's the hurdle, pretty sure AM wants Roma as "get you in the door" rather than "save some"

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the hawksbill last again? Is it a rounded last? I'm not necessarily opposed to a dark brown color, but I'm sure many know Brown might as well be my middle name so would prefer something else. On this proposed Centurion, I would be looking for a rounded toe. Mayfair looks rounded. Then there's the obvious B last. A modern round would be fine.

About colors again, would be cool if there were a faded black that wasn't too dark. Could possibly add a bunch of black cream and wax to a dark brown leather. Applied after delivery not before.
What say you @Zapasman?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this one is on Hawksbill

also hawksbill
1637769137529.png

classic round (or just round), fineshoehk had a split toe on this I thought it was "too round"
1637769172932.png

B2
1637769040860.png

Mayfair 2, definitely too sleek
1637769066934.png

last B
1637769108848.png

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the hawksbill last again? Is it a rounded last? I'm not necessarily opposed to a dark brown color, but I'm sure many know Brown might as well be my middle name so would prefer something else. On this proposed Centurion, I would be looking for a rounded toe. Mayfair looks rounded. Then there's the obvious B last. A modern round would be fine.

About colors again, would be cool if there were a faded black that wasn't too dark. Could possibly add a bunch of black cream and wax to a dark brown leather. Applied after delivery not before.
What say you @Zapasman?
Dark brown like this...?

Though I think black would look fantastic...!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 90 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads