• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good grief that medallion is so cleanly executed.
Really great stuff. Particularly considering it was RTW and took about 4 weeks including a minor modification and time to do the patina service. Excited for them to arrive. DHL says Wednesday but they’re usually off by a day or two on either end so sometime this week.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really great stuff. Particularly considering it was RTW and took about 4 weeks including a minor modification and time to do the patina service. Excited for them to arrive. DHL says Wednesday but they’re usually off by a day or two on either end so sometime this week.

Do post the pictures on here for inquiring minds.

AgentGary

Reaction score
View attachment 1675114

Just received mine ,and i am super Happy :bigstar::bigstar:;);)

Considering the price point and the materials involved is incredible product

PS

In the previous post ,there are not AM split toe derby on the pictures
,just to be precise with the comparition done ;);) ??
Bellissimo! I really like the Norwegian stitched apron version of the Centurion, but Antonio told me to go take a hike when I said I never tried EG, GG or JL :butbut:

I told Antonio I just want a pair of his shoes, not GG, not Saint Crisipins, just a pair of Centurion from AM :violin:

We finalized for custom Aurum last and Argentum HW construction. But Angela not respond to me yet... I should send another email...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bellissimo! I really like the Norwegian stitched apron version of the Centurion, but Antonio told me to go take a hike when I said I never tried EG, GG or JL :butbut:

I told Antonio I just want a pair of his shoes, not GG, not Saint Crisipins, just a pair of Centurion from AM :violin:

We finalized for custom Aurum last and Argentum HW construction. But Angela not respond to me yet... I should send another email...

Haha damn he told you to take a hike. Possibly just backed up a bit since he and his wife are fulfilling orders. Keep trying. Definitely worth the effort.

If you still get nowhere, there's always Santaris or HYs ?.

Starlito

Reaction score

Is that aurum round chisel last ? Don’t know if I should go that way or chisel 2

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I assume he is just too busy at the moment, he is not factory scale, though is he asking you to try those just for "sizing reference"?

AgentGary

Reaction score
I assume he is just too busy at the moment, he is not factory scale, though is he asking you to try those just for "sizing reference"?
Yes, still very big risk sizing :confused2: Maybe when I am ready I will email again.

Somebody that knows Italian do explain to him my modified Alden last is not actually "modified". It's just the name.
Antonio might know me as the guy with custom Alden last, which is not true!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, still very big risk sizing :confused2: Maybe when I am ready I will email again.

Somebody that knows Italian do explain to him my modified Alden last is not actually "modified". It's just the name.
Antonio might know me as the guy with custom Alden last, which is not true!

He very well may think that. May also be under the impression you require orthopedic type adjustments which are extremely difficult to do properly remotely.

AgentGary

Reaction score
He very well may think that. May also be under the impression you require orthopedic type adjustments which are extremely difficult to do properly remotely.
My feet is typical Asian, and flat, but flexible.

He did suggest Mayfair 2, describing all the characteristics which fit my feet, not sure why the last will not be a good enough fit.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My feet is typical Asian, and flat, but flexible.

He did suggest Mayfair 2, describing all the characteristics which fit my feet, not sure why the last will not be a good enough fit.

Damn shame he can't send you a fitter in that last & in your size to confirm. Would make for a favorable fit outcome.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! So in this case the goods were actually ready in 4 weeks.

Bravo!?

Good thing you ordered before Clee did.

AngelK

Reaction score
Yes in terms of price per spec, the AM provides you the better value. Especially, when one considers what the upcharge would be for cordovan through HY. Much much greater price difference.

I, however, as most of you know have a ton of shoes. Not that I'm necessarily past the shopping by specs, but I am purchasing more towards what fits my general wardrobe. As well as, I'm shopping with my eyes. That said, I find the HY SpTDs much nicer looking.

At these price points, I'd also be looking at the whole picture. Although the AM offers better value, at $2k+ I'm not looking at saving bucks here. With HY, at this price (and because I own shoes from him) the shoes will be made to measure. I believe the upcharge for those Bespoke type details is $300 (will double check for those interested). True the leather would not be Cordovan, but frankly I don't care. The leather selected will be ultra premium and the finished product amazing. As mentioned on the previous post, I'd only select the Cordovan to brag not necessarily because I favor it.

While I have a preference for handsewn soles, the bottom of those soles will be beaten up anyways so that's a feature that ticks the bragging checklist versus anything functional.

I'd also add. For those interested in HY and like that somewhat understated English styling, the team at HY produces captivating shoes. Pictures do not do them justice. Yes other makers will offer better specs for the price, but in terms of making a phenomenally finished product HY is ??.

TBF, most makers at this price point will produce simply amazing shoes. AM Aurums+ are right there with your top makers across the globe. You are really buying for styles and aesthetics at this price.

Yeah I agree. I despise the same things. Comparisons are only useful for specification purchases. As with many things, after a certain point our eyes make the decisions for us.

I actually could have amended my post to reflect an aesthetic preference of one completed SpTD to another. That is why I would select the HY over the AM. I would also select the Nicholas Templeman SpTD over the AM. Hell, if EG told me they could make me a HW++ Dover I would also select that over any SpTD AM produces. Again though (and for those reading this), that is a personal aesthetic preference not necessarily anything against AM.

Hello .....

Considering your remarks on the split toe made by the Japanese, i was little intrigued and I wanted to investigate the cost of a pair of Hiro's split toe derby in shell in Japan......
in order to consider a commission from this shoemaker .
The answer of the producer is very interesting ....
Maybe we should all think a little if the shoemaker generally does what is easier and more comfortable for him or if he tries to satisfy the customer's requests. In this sense,
I am a bit perplexed and disappointed by the answer,
but this is just my personal feeling and I have great respect for the shoemaker.

here you are their answer:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX

Thank you very much for your inquiry about shoe order.
We are very glad that you have some interests in our shoes.

We are also offering MTO (Made to Order) service besides bespoke.
However that, we need to find your appropriate size and fitting from our base last using fitting trial shoes, even in case of MTO order.

For your reference,
In case of choosing Shell Cordovan leather for the upper, we can not accept the order of L33/Split toe derby.
Cordovan is not appropriate material for the hand stitchings on the vamp of split toe.

Thank you very much for your understanding.
I hope you will visit us when you have an opportunity in the future.

Best regards,
The owner of HIRO YANAGIMACHI Workshop
Hiroyuki Yanagimachi

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Estoril ’93 2F
2-6-1 Sendagaya Shibuya-ku
Tokyo, Japan 151-0051
HIRO YANAGIMACHI Workshop

Tel/Fax +81 3 6383 1992
e-mail [email protected]
www.hiroyanagimachi.com/en/
www.facebook.com/HIROYANAGIMACHI

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads