• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

LThomsen

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Looking for sizing advice from those of you who have experience with AM, Vass and/or Zonkey boot.

Looking at an AM chisel 3. Would prefer a snug fit.

UK 10 E Zonkey boot classic last oxfords are a snug fit for me.

EU 45 Vass U last has a slight heel slip.

Would you guys recommend a UK 10 E or UK 10.5 E on the chisel 3?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Looking for sizing advice from those of you who have experience with AM, Vass and/or Zonkey boot.

Looking at an AM chisel 3. Would prefer a snug fit.

UK 10 E Zonkey boot classic last oxfords are a snug fit for me.

EU 45 Vass U last has a slight heel slip.

Would you guys recommend a UK 10 E or UK 10.5 E on the chisel 3?
I don’t think anyone has taken delivery of their chisel 3s yet to be able to say anything other than what Antonio told us which is it’s an extra 3-4MM longer from chisel 2.

AgentGary

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has taken delivery of their chisel 3s yet to be able to say anything other than what Antonio told us which is it’s an extra 3-4MM longer from chisel 2.
Heard someone getting a chisel 4 before end of this year. What a legend...

DL120

Reaction score
Good grief. You definitely aren't being moved front of the line like another gentleman on here. I won't say his name but it's Clee.

2 years waiting so they are Arg. HW MTM, Aurum, or Bespoke?
Only because it took a while to get the right shells he was satisfied with for the upper. So 2 years from the time of us starting designing the project. Not 2 years from purchase. Most of that was due to waiting for the last, first centurion he’s made on this last, first patina done on shell since he did the centurion 3-4 years ago. So a lot of testing and planing and designing required. Not a lot of waiting just a lot of work that is going into the pair.

I don’t really like talking about the special treatment or lack of special treatment. Everyone has their own relationship with the maker. But we talk often throughout the day, built a great relationship that I genuinely value beyond any shoe.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only because it took a while to get the right shells he was satisfied with for the upper. So 2 years from the time of us starting designing the project. Not 2 years from purchase. Most of that was due to waiting for the last, first centurion he’s made on this last, first patina done on shell since he did the centurion 3-4 years ago. So a lot of testing and planing and designing required. Not a lot of waiting just a lot of work that is going into the pair.

I don’t really like talking about the special treatment or lack of special treatment. Everyone has their own relationship with the maker. But we talk often throughout the day, built a great relationship that I genuinely value beyond any shoe.

Well then that's an entirely different situation. I am within the two year waiting period folk. Which, as mentioned, does not bother me.

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy to report that they feel much better the second time. Left foot is already broken in. IMG_0946[1].jpg

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if you are intentionally leaving them laced loosely during the break-in period, so that they don't end too full in the instep? Because if not, I'm wondering if maybe those aren't just a half-size too small for you, given the other issues with the right heel and the toecap and so on? I'm curious whether you would size up if you had to do it again. (And I forgot if you mentioned how you sized these relative to other brands, but would be appreciative of a reminder.)

I hope they continue to feel 'more better' every time. They look fantastic, and I am supremely jealous. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads