• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suppose that the only consideration would be the thread determining what qualifies as "high end" since it's such a personal determination and vague threshold but I'd imagine it would probably be self selecting and self policing. I can fire up a thread.
One man’s high end can be someone’s low end I guess. Quality Italian shoes Instead? Anyways, ignore my post above, don’t want to derail the thread

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my favorite thread when it comes to high end shoes. Can I highjack it for a second and ask your feedback on this? Mario Bemer sent me a design idea and I would love to hear what you think. I also consider a split toe derby instead…

by the way, maybe we need a high end Italian shoemaker thread?

View attachment 1641860
Personally, I think the pattern would look good on a high boot. I'm not a fan of chukkas with captoes.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you're small size some good B&S stuff

like wtf, I wish this is my size, instant cope

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
One man’s high end can be someone’s low end I guess. Quality Italian shoes Instead? Anyways, ignore my post above, don’t want to derail the thread

If I posted a pair of Berluti RTW on the said thread, will I be banished?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Nobody posted even a single reply on the thread I made so don't bother posting at all :D

One of the reasons I asked that (rhetorical) question is to echo @Jmr928. To some of my friends working in the business / finance world, shoe price and quality are highly correlated, so the high end Italian that is still within the realms of StyleForum would be either Berluti (depending on whether you think it’s French or Italian), Silviano Lattanzi (much more obscure, but still), or maybe Kiton / Zegna / Brunello Cucinelli when they campaign a pair of Oxford shoes with their jacket or cashmere knit.

Then there are also diehard handmade fans like ThunderMarch and the maker-orator DWFII. To them the value of something being completely handmade (like Enzo Bonafe) would trump the patina magic of Paolo Scafora you so adore, or the mighty feat of making seamless boots available by Santoni.

I am not an engineer - more like a biomedical guy. With my limited mathematical and data analysis training I do think there are at least two dimensions or axes that you need to consider when you “project” the brands on a plane to isolate the “high end”: (1) price and (2) another valued attribute, such as handmade-ness. RTW brands form clusters, e.g. Berluti-Santoni, AM-Bestetti-Bemer-Scafora, Lattanzi-Kiton… and cross-cluster comparison sometimes only ignite emotional debates (e.g. LapelFantasy may argue his Berluti/Santoni Blake shoes have such beautiful patina and design that makes them best high end Italian shoes, ever - and then MuseAcademy may argue that colour is nothing without a strong construction, so his shrunken calf Bonafe chukka boots with chained Norwegian stitching should be the better high end Italian shoes…

It depends on what we value, at the end of the day. When the cluster size is 1 - like these individual brand threads, we can have a more harmonious discussion to facilitate exchanges that tend to foster Italian and global economy ?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons I asked that (rhetorical) question is to echo @Jmr928. To some of my friends working in the business / finance world, shoe price and quality are highly correlated, so the high end Italian that is still within the realms of StyleForum would be either Berluti (depending on whether you think it’s French or Italian), Silviano Lattanzi (much more obscure, but still), or maybe Kiton / Zegna / Brunello Cucinelli when they campaign a pair of Oxford shoes with their jacket or cashmere knit.

Then there are also diehard handmade fans like ThunderMarch and the maker-orator DWFII. To them the value of something being completely handmade (like Enzo Bonafe) would trump the patina magic of Paolo Scafora you so adore, or the mighty feat of making seamless boots available by Santoni.

I am not an engineer - more like a biomedical guy. With my limited mathematical and data analysis training I do think there are at least two dimensions or axes that you need to consider when you “project” the brands on a plane to isolate the “high end”: (1) price and (2) another valued attribute, such as handmade-ness. RTW brands form clusters, e.g. Berluti-Santoni, AM-Bestetti-Bemer-Scafora, Lattanzi-Kiton… and cross-cluster comparison sometimes only ignite emotional debates (e.g. LapelFantasy may argue his Berluti/Santoni Blake shoes have such beautiful patina and design that makes them best high end Italian shoes, ever - and then MuseAcademy may argue that colour is nothing without a strong construction, so his shrunken calf Bonafe chukka boots with chained Norwegian stitching should be the better high end Italian shoes…

It depends on what we value, at the end of the day. When the cluster size is 1 - like these individual brand threads, we can have a more harmonious discussion to facilitate exchanges that tend to foster Italian and global economy ?

I would make it nice and short. Anything that anyone considers high valued can be posted or spoken about. Were it me, whatever AE sells at can/should be considered a high quality item. Many "normal" shoe wearers consider AE a high end shoe.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
That’s a very good result

Sometimes when I think about the torturous treatment I gave the pair, it is really miraculous that the leather survived.

AM’s crust leather is really something. Maybe @Noblekostas can do a comparative post on different crust leathers (e.g. Paolo Scafora, Saint Crispin’s, AM, GG… even Berluti) in the future.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I think about the torturous treatment I gave the pair, it is really miraculous that the leather survived.

AM’s crust leather is really something. Maybe @Noblekostas can do a comparative post on different crust leathers (e.g. Paolo Scafora, Saint Crispin’s, AM, GG… even Berluti) in the future.
The leather from scafora and vilalta has been unbelievable so far. I can do it in the future sure

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Managed to secure an order for the centurion hw in pigskin in chisel 2 from Antonio's IG. The lead time is just 4 weeks for the available pairs. Perfect timing as I was planning to MTO at the end of '21
Nice grab. When you said "available pairs" did you mean that the shoes are in stock?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics