• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Sage advice. Had I followed it when I tried Carmina Simpson, I would have had useless shoes. I am the only person I know who does not size down in it. In fact Simpson and TG73 fit me better than any lasts, and I almost always see people size down in them.

Hoping it works out for you deez!
Don't people normally size up for Simpson?

GeoffreyB

Reaction score
I wear Carmina Simpson, G&G TG73, G&G Deco, AM Soft Square and Chisel 2 lasts all in the same size.

Deeky

Reaction score
Guys, maybe i'm an idiot for not understanding but - for the measurements guide, are the black lines where you are supposed to wrap the measuring tape around to measure?

1623938680111.png

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Guys, maybe i'm an idiot for not understanding but - for the measurements guide, are the black lines where you are supposed to wrap the measuring tape around to measure?

View attachment 1625931
I get different measurements every time. I don't know how tight to pull or if I should be standing. I think I end up overthinking it too much and measure incorrectly as a result. But to answer your question yes.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get different measurements every time. I don't know how tight to pull or if I should be standing. I think I end up overthinking it too much and measure incorrectly as a result. But to answer your question yes.

If I recall correctly, Antonio prefers the sitting measurement. You can ask him to confirm.
I provide both the sitting & standing measurement and label accordingly.

How tight the tape should be varies across makers but more often than not it's just a pinch or subtle pressure. For reference of what that should feel like, with your right hand wrap it around one of your left fingers. Close it tight enough where you feel it, but not so tightly you see pressure points.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Antonio prefers the sitting measurement. You can ask him to confirm.
I provide both the sitting & standing measurement and label accordingly.

How tight the tape should be varies across makers but more often than not it's just a pinch or subtle pressure. For reference of what that should feel like, with your right hand wrap it around one of your left fingers. Close it tight enough where you feel it, but not so tightly you see pressure points.
Good advice and yeah AM prefers seared but is ok with either way as long as you tell him how you did it. I also sent pictures of the tape around my foot so he could see how tightly I pulled, tracings with a description of the approximate angle of the pencil and drew lines with a ruler so he could see exactly the line I measured. After ordering most of my collection remotely I was told more communication is better than less. I just save the pictures and charts in a folder I can attach easily to an email or grab.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good advice and yeah AM prefers seared but is ok with either way as long as you tell him how you did it. I also sent pictures of the tape around my foot so he could see how tightly I pulled, tracings with a description of the approximate angle of the pencil and drew lines with a ruler so he could see exactly the line I measured. After ordering most of my collection remotely I was told more communication is better than less. I just save the pictures and charts in a folder I can attach easily to an email or grab.

I do the same actually. Save pictures of the charts as well that were used for measuring, as every maker has their own "chart"
I think I retake measurements every few years, and update accordingly.

shoes83

Reaction score
They look good!
What's with these employers? We should all go back after the summer, not now! When remote work has a shot at having some upside... (vs. being stuck inside in the winter)

shoes83

Reaction score
DHL notification came in and today... The joy! Pics from AM pre-shipping, obviously...

Attachments

• IMG-20210615-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20210615-WA0009.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG-20210615-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20210615-WA0010.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG-20210615-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20210615-WA0011.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 112

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads