• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what's your size again (across a few things)? I feel like you're sometimes same as me sometimes half size larger, so I can see not down size might work for you.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He is but if Antonio knows that bcol is 9uk across lasts like me, then it's very likely that the unlined suede shoes have enough room to accommodate a 0.5 size down on a tts last. I guess I should try them on first just to be sure but I'm not feeling very optimistic right now.

It is also possible he's expecting them to give a but to accommodate the half size down.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's your size again (across a few things)? I feel like you're sometimes same as me sometimes half size larger, so I can see not down size might work for you.
I have similar feet as bcol, I guess, but my instep is probably lower. I'm a 10us for shoes but can take 9D on Barrie last, 9uk/43 U last (with too much heel slip), 8.5 uk Sailor last, 8.5 round last (SoH)...just to note a few dramatic sizing. I'm usually 9uk across the board with some exceptions. I guess I have medium feet that fit into almost anything.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok Bcoll just squeeze everything down, that’s how he ends up my size more often than not I guess.

Looks like you’re 9.5 to 10 US, I’m pretty much 9.5 US all around (or else the last doesn’t really fit can up size but length gets screwy like say Vass U so I just skip)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have similar feet as bcol, I guess, but my instep is probably lower. I'm a 10us for shoes but can take 9D on Barrie last, 9uk/43 U last (with too much heel slip), 8.5 uk Sailor last, 8.5 round last (SoH)...just to note a few dramatic sizing. I'm usually 9uk across the board with some exceptions. I guess I have medium feet that fit into almost anything.

Those are actually my sizes..Barrie 9, U last 43, Sailor 8.5uk, and SoH 8.5.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
I have Yeossal SG65 and YC3 and AM soft square - instep on soft square is slightly lower than both Yeossal lasts I’ve tried. I took 1/2 size up in Soft Square from my Y size.

FWIW when I did measurements and tracings Antonio asked me to do them seated rather than standing.

depends on a feet I guess, but I would buy 11 Carmina, and my next Antonio will be 11.5 wide...

chisel 2 11.5 and sg65 10.5 wide shoe trees are almost interchangable...

regards his measuring.. it gave me 10.5 length and off the chart wide ..

DL120

Reaction score
I'll keep you guys posted. They should be arriving within the next two weeks or so.
Antonio is very particular about sizing and has only ever guided me appropriately once we had the measurements down. I know folks who took same sizing on Capri as they have with other meccariello lasts, and I know some that took a half size smaller on the Capri, including myself. Everyone’s foot is different, and the Capri besides being unlined is on a more casual wider fitting last. Think more like a classic uk size, vs the typical meccariello sizing which is usually a bit narrower and requires folks to size up unless they have a leaner foot.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antonio is very particular about sizing and has only ever guided me appropriately once we had the measurements down. I know folks who took same sizing on Capri as they have with other meccariello lasts, and I know some that took a half size smaller on the Capri, including myself. Everyone’s foot is different, and the Capri besides being unlined is on a more casual wider fitting last. Think more like a classic uk size, vs the typical meccariello sizing which is usually a bit narrower and requires folks to size up unless they have a leaner foot.
Thanks, man. The more I hear about the Capri sizing, the more I suspect that I should've sized down. Anyway, Antonio says he'll send with insoles just in case.

spencert

Reaction score
Thanks, man. The more I hear about the Capri sizing, the more I suspect that I should've sized down. Anyway, Antonio says he'll send with insoles just in case.
Yup, I was chatting with him 2 weeks back and he said to size down for the Capri. You should reach out to Angela to see if you can change the size. If you take standard E fitting, may be able to change.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, I was chatting with him 2 weeks back and he said to size down for the Capri. You should reach out to Angela to see if you can change the size. If you take standard E fitting, may be able to change.
We'll see. Hopefully it'll be fine. Maybe I'll just wear them with thicker socks during colder months.

spencert

Reaction score
We'll see. Hopefully it'll be fine. Maybe I'll just wear them with thicker socks during colder months.
From experience, suede is softer and my centurion in soft square Janus suede is way bigger than my usual soft square in the same size. It will be worst for Capri as it is unlined.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, Antonio didn't necessarily give me "bad sizing advice" based on the information he has available to him. My feet measurements usually make my feet appear to be longer than they actually are and he is still trying to figure my feet out. He's ultra helpful sizing people but until I get my tricky feet seen, I won't get 100% proper fit.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure to try it out before jumping to conclusions. If AM gave you that advice, you should definitely see how that goes. While most people size up half, you might be one of the exceptions.

Sage advice. Had I followed it when I tried Carmina Simpson, I would have had useless shoes. I am the only person I know who does not size up in it. In fact Simpson and TG73 fit me better than any lasts, and I almost always see people size down in them.

Hoping it works out for you deez!

Last edited:

andreasky

Reaction score
Any feedback on Capri rubber sole? Is it as comfortable as leather soles by AM or stiffer? Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads