• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
An added benefit was that, for some areas on the shoes with persistent “spiderweb cracks” despite cream and polish, the crust leather underneath was found to be perfect after all the finishing was stripped off.

An enjoyable (re-)discovery of my Aurum RTW.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Antonio sent me a bunch of photos of his unlined, handwelted Centurion shoes being finished. I guess he wants me to accidentally wire-transfer my pay check to his account. o_O

F929A5F3-58E3-4F3A-8405-4C90EAF7F105.jpeg 8A39AF3D-1283-4BAA-A1C3-67424AAEFC61.jpeg 499B186C-68AB-466A-B4F5-DE6D6D01C776.jpeg

Attachments

• DA0FFD07-9B42-4F4B-8936-AA991DF62535.jpeg
    DA0FFD07-9B42-4F4B-8936-AA991DF62535.jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 120

corpseposeur

Reaction score
I had been looking at Crockett & Jones but after seeing Antonio Meccariello's work, I think I'll order a pair of their RTW.

I'm trying to figure out sizing as I'm in between a size 9 and 9.5UK. I messaged their Customer Support team and they are going to check some specific shoe models to get me more info.

My standard office shoes have been Allen Edmonds and I fit them in a size US 10D. I also fit a UK 9F in Carlos Santos chelsea boots. Does anyone here have a recommendation if they should size down a half or a whole size?

corpseposeur

Reaction score
I had luck sizing down .5 from US size. 11. 5 D in AE, 11 E in AM.

Thanks, I think I'm leaning towards 9.5. I actually followed the formula on their site and the size I got was a 9.25E. It's probably better to size up a bit at 9.5.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'm leaning towards 9.5. I actually followed the formula on their site and the size I got was a 9.25E. It's probably better to size up a bit at 9.5.
Equites is on soft square isn’t it - Argentum? I think soft square runs about 1/4 size smaller so 9.5 is closer to 9.25 so your intuition sounds correct. Oh and if you’re contemplating Aeris do the Argentum.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, on the Chisel 2 I had luck sizing down when I was in between.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not so long ago I had a discussion with you all about Stefano Bemer & Mario Bemer. Well turns out for those interested Mario Bemer (the actual Mario) is in a legal dispute with Mario Bemer Firenze (his former company) to remove his name from there as they are a different entity and he has nothing to do with them. I had an interview with him (can post the link if you are interested) and it was great.

There's no dedicated discussion really on those, but I think we all appreciate info about these brands as much as AM here. Our discussion was pretty much which workshop makes the RTW etc.

In any case, his real MTO is +1600$ and that's the one I will be trying.

In the meantime I keep wearing the Hastatus II because they are amazing dang!

On a sidenote, I commissioned a pair of Norman Vilalta too. Anyone has and can compare to AM Argentum?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not so long ago I had a discussion with you all about Stefano Bemer & Mario Bemer. Well turns out for those interested Mario Bemer (the actual Mario) is in a legal dispute with Mario Bemer Firenze (his former company) to remove his name from there as they are a different entity and he has nothing to do with them. I had an interview with him (can post the link if you are interested) and it was great.

There's no dedicated discussion really on those, but I think we all appreciate info about these brands as much as AM here. Our discussion was pretty much which workshop makes the RTW etc.

In any case, his real MTO is +1600$ and that's the one I will be trying.

In the meantime I keep wearing the Hastatus II because they are amazing dang!

On a sidenote, I commissioned a pair of Norman Vilalta too. Anyone has and can compare to AM Argentum?

Don't have NV but have seen them relative to AM Argentum. Antonio makes a better shoe, but Norman makes the more original shoe.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't have NV but have seen them relative to AM Argentum. Antonio makes a better shoe, but Norman makes the more original shoe.

I have seen and handled them at Leffot (shoe store) here in NY. I'd call them very niche. This sort of amalgamation of casual and formal has to appeal to you.
Since it does nothing for me, I'd select AM all day everyday.

On an objective level, I'd still say they lack the finishing of AM (maybe intentionally not finished as well). The aesthetic of the last is actually quite nice, and on par with what AM produces. I'd dare suggest maybe even less robust than what AM puts out, but the overall final product is below AM.

Now if we are commenting on a Bespoke pair, which I have only seen in pictures, I'd venture to guess they would be on par with each other.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well it's my "job" to test them all so here we are :)

Well you'd definitely have two pairs from makers that I know next to nothing about other than seeing their product.. Mario Bemer & Norman Vilalta.

For informational purposes and for inquiring minds on SF & beyond, putting some firsthand details out about both brands would be beneficial. ??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads