• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The issue I see with the comparisons is that, if you are going make comparisons with what's in your closet, I think you should disclose that and also mention any specifics with the old pair that is used for comparison. I think that if the goal is to educate the viewers, then you should always inform them what the differences are. Never assume that the viewers are educated on the matter.

For example: you can mention how old the AM pairs are and what line and construction they are etc.

Also, I see that you kinda jumped on that review without all of the information at hand. You mentioned that you didn't know what leather on the PS but was going to ask later. I think it's beneficial to have such information ready. It makes you look better prepared. Even if the answer is: "I inquired but didn't receive a reply."

Lastly, I feel that a lot of reviewers say "only the best materials" but fail to say what the materials are.. (celastic toe? leather stiffeners? vegetable tanned lining? chrome tanned insoles? Oak bark tanned soles? 6mm soles? Etc). I think you also mentioned something about spi being good but didn't actually give a number.

Anyway, those are just some unwanted suggestions haha.
No it's fine, I appreciate it of course. With time I realized the name of the tannery doesn't matter that much

I should have linked at the article where Jesper cut them open a few years back as well. I do this as a hobby really (it takes too much time to pen 3-3.5k words actually) and on top, English is obviously not my mother tongue.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it's fine, I appreciate it of course. With time I realized the name of the tannery doesn't matter that much

I should have linked at the article where Jesper cut them open a few years back as well. I do this as a hobby really (it takes too much time to pen 3-3.5k words actually) and on top, English is obviously not my mother tongue.
Reviews aren't easy because you can't satisfy everyone. Just because you sell the product you are reviewing doesn't mean that you can't be objective. Best thing you can do is use the same criteria across the board and maintain a consistency. But also leave room for personal opinions at the end because your followers want to know what you think.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reviews aren't easy because you can't satisfy everyone. Just because you sell the product you are reviewing doesn't mean that you can't be objective. Best thing you can do is use the same criteria across the board and maintain a consistency. But also leave room for personal opinions at the end because your followers want to know what you think.
Yes, it's easier to convey thoughts and emotions through video I feel though and why I prefer doing that nowadays!

Anyways, don't want to go more Off Topic as this is the AM thread. Goodnight everyone!

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's easier to convey thoughts and emotions through video I feel though and why I prefer doing that nowadays!

Anyways, don't want to go more Off Topic as this is the AM thread. Goodnight everyone!
Good night! But please sleep on this... Next time you get a pair for review , do your unboxing and review but then, wear them for 7 days straight and make another video showing wear and saying what your comfort experience was with the last vs other lasts!! THE INTERNET NEEDS THIS!! There are many brands that don't have pics online of them worn in. Please sleep on that ?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good night! But please sleep on this... Next time you get a pair for review , do your unboxing and review but then, wear them for 7 days straight and make another video showing wear and saying what your comfort experience was with the last vs other lasts!! THE INTERNET NEEDS THIS!! There are many brands don't have pics online of them worn in. Please sleep on that ?
The last few I've done have been like this, I worn them a couple of times! But I suppose taking pictures of after wear will be a good idea. For example here's the Scafora Sole after 2 wears or so:

170026892_279394273861078_2791982805898306173_n.jpg

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last few I've done have been like this, I worn them a couple of times! But I suppose taking pictures of after wear will be a good idea. For example here's the Scafora Sole after 2 wears or so:

View attachment 1589745
Yes, but we need to see the top: firm or sagging? ?

Also, don't forget about last comparisons! This way people with similar sizing as you can use your videos to compare and contrast.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am working on a huge excel list with all my sizing and client feedback, it will take time!
Yes, but we need to see the top: firm or sagging? ?

Also, don't forget about last comparisons! This way people with similar sizing as you can use your videos to compare and contrast.
Here the are with same 2 wears

DCC722EF-F615-4A11-9C9D-36B1CE701521.jpeg 279812A7-7CE6-449C-A743-CAA74A16665E.jpeg AE39AF50-9854-4E43-869C-D78DFC1FB472.jpeg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
testing water, how many can I get on GMTO this (think if we get to 12 it would be 150 euro cheaper)?

1617977088371.png

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like a really nice make up - For the guys who were talking about vintage leathers yesterday this one is really nice and I'd be on board if it wasn't too close to being a duplicate for me.
Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 9.16.02 AM.png

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Crockett & Jones: Consistent, nice leather, excellent grain. Even though I retail them I was very skeptical about them from the value perspective. There's no way I would buy the Handgrade Line personally and I think you'd have to be mad to do so for that price point. Main line is fine with some excellent models.
Interesting. In my opinion C&J handgrade is one of the best brands when it comes to the value for money. Excellent (for the price) leather, good looking lasts and quite ok craftsmanship. And they age beautifully... but to appreciate that you need to wear them at least a few years. Honestly I don’t see much value in a review of a shoe if you did not wear them at least a year or two. Unless you are a collector who does not care much about the way shoes age but rather is interested in the small details and only plans to admire shoes on the shelf. You can’t judge a shoe after just a few wears, real quality will show as times goes by. C&J may look a little boring, but when you will see how they look after 5-10 years you will know that they are worth the price.

On Meccariello: I own only one pair of shoes by AM and it’s just a cheap Aeris shoe... but each time I wear them I am REALLY impressed. The last shape is just beautiful, the craftsmanship is really good. On feet they look like million dollars, I mean when you look at them from two meters, even my JL Prestige don’t look as good, there is just something that makes them look very expensive. Each time I wear them I’m really tempted to buy higher line AM. If only they were a little more comfortable I would not hesitate even a second.

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
Here are my Meccariellos as a part of a whole outfit. There is just something in the last shape that IMO makes them look really luxurious. And I mean as a part of a whole look, not just on IG close up photo. BTW the leather is also really good looking and very easy to shine, however quite stiff unfortunately.

72A92F37-A7D4-4286-A5C7-F02B17F68907.jpeg

D7A7FA5D-DFD4-45D8-9E3B-D5F38F250E3F.jpeg

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. In my opinion C&J handgrade is one of the best brands when it comes to the value for money. Excellent (for the price) leather, good looking lasts and quite ok craftsmanship. And they age beautifully... but to appreciate that you need to wear them at least a few years. Honestly I don’t see much value in a review of a shoe if you did not wear them at least a year or two. Unless you are a collector who does not care much about the way shoes age but rather is interested in the small details and only plans to admire shoes on the shelf. You can’t judge a shoe after just a few wears, real quality will show as times goes by. C&J may look a little boring, but when you will see how they look after 5-10 years you will know that they are worth the price.
+1. I love everything of my 4 pairs that had been worn for about 12 years. Leather outsoles and uppers are top notch. Bench grade is ok.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics