• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
How do you find the leather quality and waist finishing?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You posted a PS shoes as bonus a bit earlier, how do you compare the 2 shoes?
Hard to say. The AM was sitting on a shelf for 3 years it seems, the leather seems dry. The finishing of the color is fine. Excellent sole.

both at full price I still find the PS superior for my aesthetics and I was impressed with the leather.

The PS DOOR, VOLA, R and Q fit me incredibly well too. For this AM I will need to use a tongue pad. It does make me want to try his handwelted range though. Both seemed to have nice arch support as I suffer from flatter feet

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So for those that wanted a review of the Hastatus I received from Fine Shoes HK. Here it is (it might be still processing HD and 4K format). I have changed a few stuff like my background and I need to find again my best lighting and sound but it's a good start.

I will pin a comment about my fit updates as they came after I recorded. But here are my thoughts. The Chisel 2 Last seems to fit me perfectly in the instep and the width. The only "problem is at the heel area. It just doesn't hug my heel very well which results into some movement at the back. Nothing major, but at that area I think I would enjoy more a more snug fit. I feel that since the width and instep is good, it might be too tight to size down at UK 8 and my perfect size would probably be UK 8.25. I put the tongue pad in which often can help with half a size and it works very well, though they might need some more break in time. So the advice for me is definitely take TTS if you have a more regular foot or you don't get your toes pinched easily but for those with wider feet or higher instep it's probably best if you size up half just like on GG. I will update more as I wear them more.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So for those that wanted a review of the Hastatus I received from Fine Shoes HK. Here it is (it might be still processing HD and 4K format). I have changed a few stuff like my background and I need to find again my best lighting and sound but it's a good start.

I will pin a comment about my fit updates as they came after I recorded. But here are my thoughts. The Chisel 2 Last seems to fit me perfectly in the instep and the width. The only "problem is at the heel area. It just doesn't hug my heel very well which results into some movement at the back. Nothing major, but at that area I think I would enjoy more a more snug fit. I feel that since the width and instep is good, it might be too tight to size down at UK 8 and my perfect size would probably be UK 8.25. I put the tongue pad in which often can help with half a size and it works very well, though they might need some more break in time. So the advice for me is definitely take TTS if you have a more regular foot or you don't get your toes pinched easily but for those with wider feet or higher instep it's probably best if you size up half just like on GG. I will update more as I wear them more.

Congrats on the pick up Kostas. Expanding the number of makers in your collection.
??

LThomsen

Reaction score

Great review. Keep them coming!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I showed Antonio the video, and he made some comments that were very helpful and I would like to share.

First of all, he mentioned that his shoes are much better now than when this model was released 3 years ago. He has constantly worked on construction, finishing, shape, overall. His aim is to improve every day. I admire that about him.

My shoes are made in some vintage leather, baby box calf 16 ft. Where 16 ft is the total size of the calf. His standard production these days is 14/16/18 ft triple box calf. Other makers use 24/28 ft size, which I assume is the total size of the hide and shows he tries to use the best pieces only.

About the fit, he said that the slight slip at the heel is not uncommon for fiddleback waists which start more rigid and that will disappear after breaking in them for a while. The V at the laces should not be totally closed in the beginning, and when they break in you can adjust them more and give better grip to the heel. He says it should go away in 4-5 wears.

So he recommended me not to use tongue pads for the beginning, which I might follow.

I hope this helps someone.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
About the size, if you do MTO with him, size 8.0E with extra toe space could be a direction considering your description of the heel slip and your fit preferences...

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About the size, if you do MTO with him, size 8.0E with extra toe space could be a direction considering your description of the heel slip and your fit preferences...
Could be, but I will reserve judgement until I break them in and see how the fit ends up. The tongue pads I tried eliminated the issue as a test.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah - MTO they can make some minor size modifications and had the ability for me to use quarter sizes instead of half.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Could be, but I will reserve judgement until I break them in and see how the fit ends up. The tongue pads I tried eliminated the issue as a test.

If you have tightened the laces maximally, the symptom you suggested could be diagnosed by Antonio as “shoe instep too high”.

Having said that, to have a fully wearable Argentum-welted pair at this price as a “sizing pair”, is really a luxury ??

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
@Noblekostas - one question: how do you compare the creasing of the leather of Paolo Scafora vs Antonio’s 3-year-old pair?

By saying leather creasing, I mean how fine / dense / tight the creases are.

I have a bad leather creasing example from Bontoni:

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some shots of the Elios boot (because @clee1982 pressured me to post them here!!)

DSC_1412.JPG
DSC_1413.JPG
DSC_1415.JPG
DSC_1419.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads