• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would double check with him on that, might be some copy paste error, that's almost too cheap for handwelt, that's same price as argentum welt, and if it's argentum welt it does not usually include tree, though if it's truly handwelt, incredible value

edit: for example this is the one I ordered and its argentum welt, actually slightly higher than yours

dlf1981

Reaction score
A strong recommendation indeed. I do have concerns about the accuracy of my own measurements, I must admit. I’m going to ask him about in person because an Italy trip is being planned either way.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would double check with him on that, might be some copy paste error, that's almost too cheap for handwelt, that's same price as argentum welt, and if it's argentum welt it does not usually include tree, though if it's truly handwelt, incredible value
Even if it doesn’t, I was about to buy some GG from their end of line sale then saw this. Absolutely no way I would take those instead. I am tempted to take the blue patina...but I already have 3-4 blue shoes...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GG doesn't fit me well (though the end of line stuff did include F width so maybe...), I would just say it's two very different aesthetic choice. AM dress shoes are always "substantial" in a good way. Feels like built like an Alden tank but looks dressy but still "heavy" is about the only way I can describe it

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I would do with one major caveat. Can you wait until you are able to receive in person measurements? I understand that Antonio has had success with remote fittings, but I insist that you have him inspect your feet.
I spent a good chunk of time in Italy in 2019, but never got down south.
I am strongly considering that trip once things are a little more normal, strictly under the excuse I need to have Antonio check out my bare feet...

LThomsen

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it. I think I’m gonna go big with full bespoke and then go from there. I want both the perfect fit and the highest possible quality (for no good reason other than to appreciate the craftsmanship)

I currently have Zeb, Carmina, Meermin, Alden, Cheaney, Edward Green, and J Fitzpatrick shoes in the closet. This will be my first AM. I’m just not inclined to spend money experimenting with RTW that could go toward bespoke based on what I’ve heard
You will be very pleased with AM shoes.
I too have shoes from EG, Alden ,etc, and I prefer my AM shoes in terms of fit and finish.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am strongly considering that trip once things are a little more normal, strictly under the excuse I need to have Antonio check out my bare feet...
I am going to study at Bemer next year, but I will visit AM and PS whenever I can travel again. Can’t wait.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A strong recommendation indeed. I do have concerns about the accuracy of my own measurements, I must admit. I’m going to ask him about in person because an Italy trip is being planned either way.

I understand you may have strong urges to begin the process, but I implore you to be patient and begin the process with Antonio in front of you. If the trip is under consideration, don't even trouble yourself with measurements.

Of course, I'm basing my response on the possibility of an in person measurement.

Additionally, it will allow you more of an opportunity to nail down the pattern you wish to commission. Have two to three patterns in mind.
First choice = Bespoke
2nd choice = 2nd better fitting trail pair.. And on and on.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I understand you may have strong urges to begin the process, but I implore you to be patient and begin the process with Antonio in front of you. If the trip is under consideration, don't even trouble yourself with measurements.

Of course, I'm basing my response on the possibility of an in person measurement.

Additionally, it will allow you more of an opportunity to nail down the pattern you wish to commission. Have two to three patterns in mind.
First choice = Bespoke
2nd choice = 2nd better fitting trail pair.. And on and on.
+many

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I used the "nothing like authentic Neapolitan pizza" and southern Italian weather as my excuse to my misses.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yea but how the heck do you end up in a shoe factory? Like let's take this weird train ride detour or some weird taxi, I mean they better have great view or restaurant there, I don't want to this detour cause my life

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea but how the heck do you end up in a shoe factory? Like let's take this weird train ride detour or some weird taxi, I mean they better have great view or restaurant there, I don't want to this detour cause my life

Met him near the downtown area away from the factory. It was easy since I was driving ?.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have shoes coming from you next month too...
Looking forward to those.
Equally excited!

@clee1982 I asked Antonio. What a nice man he is. Especially with newborn twins now, yet always available.

Shoe Trees sold separately.

Any advice on the soft square last B05?

I wear:
PS: UK 7.5
Carlos Santos: All lasts UK 7.5 (but 389 8)
Crockett & Jones: 348 UK 8 (probably possible to do 7.5)
Septieme Largeur: UK 8
Carmina Rain: UK 8

Thanks everyone. Now just need to figure the patina....

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's uhhh a shoe museum ? And the bespoke samples are the artefacts ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics