• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the pictures you guys posted I can also illustrate what I wanted in terms of a continuous stitch line around the throat line but incorporating the tongue.
20201205_155927.jpg

Here is what I wanted it to look like and how Antonio executed the idea.
Screenshot_20201205-155845_Chrome.jpg

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to see those with six eyelets. Is that a stock model of his, or was that a special request?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to see those with six eyelets. Is that a stock model of his, or was that a special request?

Special request. I typically do that for my Bespoke pairs. These aren't "Bespoke", but they are based on my Bespoke measurements from previous shoes that Antonio did for me. Plus I sort of felt these needed it.

I figured the 6 eyelets & stitching would be subtle but discrete enough that no one would notice how it was distinctly different from your normal AM shoe.

GeoffreyB

Reaction score

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually I really wanted two specific pictures. The one he posted and the sole.
The reason was because he emailed me the following.

"The upper stiching came looking beautifully. The vibram insert and Triumph are really superb....I forgot to take pictures .Maybe I do later for you"

He had sent me the email around 9:30a, so I assumed he posted pics and forgot to email me. Saying that, did he post a picture of the soles?

Last edited:

NadalRG

Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on my first pair of AM. I went for the beautiful
Equites 2 dark brown reverse suede calf Janus C.S.
9zZCeU1.jpg

I did not include shoe trees because they did not have them in my size/ last model.

I'm super excited. BTW, I know AM's lasts are unique, but is there an alternative even from another brand I can get? I didn't want to wait 20 weeks for my shoes just because they didn't have the last.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually I really wanted two specific pictures. The one he posted and the sole.
The reason was because he emailed me the following.

"The upper stiching came looking beautifully. The vibram insert and Triumph are really superb....I forgot to take pictures .Maybe I do later for you"

He had sent me the email around 9:30a, so I assumed he posted pics and forgot to email me. Saying that, did he post a picture of the soles?

nop

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
9zZCeU1.jpg

I did not include shoe trees because they did not have them in my size/ last model.

I'm super excited. BTW, I know AM's lasts are unique, but is there an alternative even from another brand I can get? I didn't want to wait 20 weeks for my shoes just because they didn't have the last.

to be honest I use to use generic trees, just now I decide to get all of them lasted going forward... (plus replacing a few older ones with lasted tree since I'm already paying the shipping for the incoming shoe)

GeoffreyB

Reaction score
9zZCeU1.jpg

For the quality and at this price point, unfortunately not I'm afraid. Once you get your hands on these shoes everything else will be just ordinary (at this price point).

evangel21

Reaction score

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9zZCeU1.jpg

Congrats! You should be able to pick up a set of trees from one of AM's retailers I think. Or just have him alert you once the trees are back in stock.

As for similar shoes, that is tough to say. Nothing within this price range. I believe at the higher priced points you can just pick up a pair of toned down Paolo Scafora, which look similar but more robust. More stylized pairs from Stefano Bemer. After that, most Italian makers are even more "Italian" (e.g. Berluti), so the toned down effect dissipates.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads