• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, it would be kind epic if that turns out to be walnut :stirpot:

edit: I'm just planting a seed, before you go full insane and sell all your maybe dark brown but not really dark brown shoes to me

Definitely the ones I have are not Walnut. I think the lightest colored shoe I own (that is not a loafer and used for like Tropical vacations or beach wear) is probably a Bourbon Carmina cordovan wingtip. I haven't worn those in a long long time.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definitely the ones I have are not Walnut. I think the lightest colored shoe I own (that is not a loafer and used for like Tropical vacations or beach wear) is probably a Bourbon Carmina cordovan wingtip. I haven't worn those in a long long time.

yea outside cordovan, even just in leather, think they do come in black, walnut, oxblood, dark chili and cigar, so your sanity is saved!

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Continuing my drooling over Antonio’s shoes....
out of curiousity I tried to get shipping quotes to Italy with Hermes (cheap carrier but in past 7 years I had a problem with them once, and they offer insurance and tracking) 40x30x20 cm 5kg parcel a bit under 15£+ insurance... that puts me a tad closer to trying them....

still breaking my head on sizing... according to self measurement I’m out of chart wide and 10.5 long... and yet tlb, carmina, meermin I’d go for 11, while loake and trickers I go for 10.5... so...11? 11 wide? 11.5?
Model I’m drooling over most is Russian calf cap toe... one question is, how hard is that leather compared to normal calf? I think I recall reading on carmina thread that Russian cal replica is more prone to drying out?

unprocessed

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of AM sneakers? Wish he carried an all white model. They seem like a bargain compared to other sneakers that will likely be poorly constructed.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Thanks. Another question; for those who own both G&G and AM, how would you compare the GG06 and Hawksbill lasts? Which would is more sleek?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my guess would be Hawksbill, though better wait for someone who has both

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Left is gg
009FC2DC-F51D-47CE-BBC3-FBBD8A3836E8.jpeg
7CE1AA15-9E6C-485E-8904-2F2A216824EE.jpeg
A9C9BB36-9118-4E96-9544-221F68C28DB2.jpeg

unprocessed

Reaction score
Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks @Encore. That makes it even tougher. Which would you say looks sleeker? Was thinking about G&G black Oxford on the GG06. Usually not a fan of round lasts but hoping the G&G is a more modern interpretation. A bit over saturated on AM these days with a bunch of new purchases, haha.

if you want sleeker how about just DG70, though DG70 is too narrow in toebox for me

or deco, my toe hurts by just looking at it...

shoes83

Reaction score
I think Encore's pictures are great for the visual differences.

My 2 cents on GG06 vs. Hawksbill - GG is narrower on the toe box, has a somewhat lower instep and is wider in the heel.

My feeling so far without wearing both more (COVID times...) is that the fit is different and for me AM is better as the proportions of toe box, instep and heel better suit my feet. But I could easily see that not being the case for other folks.

GeoffreyB

Reaction score
Thanks @Encore. That makes it even tougher. Which would you say looks sleeker? Was thinking about G&G black Oxford on the GG06. Usually not a fan of round lasts but hoping the G&G is a more modern interpretation. A bit over saturated on AM these days with a bunch of new purchases, haha.

The one that fits your foot the best. That will always beat out in any shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads