• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Zaos1

Reaction score
Out of curiosity: would you say that, by judging from photos and videos, Antonio's aurum competes with Acme rtw in terms of finishing?

i would correct the question here... the real quesiton is If Acme Can compete with Antonio

i mean, we should add more priority to the shoe maker with the longest experiencie in the field, don,t you think? ?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would correct the question here... the real quesiton is If Acme Can compete with Antonio

i mean, we should add more priority to the shoe maker with the longest experiencie in the field, don,t you think? ?

This is true, but then again AM shoes are not being touted as the best RTW shoes money can buy within their price segment. ACME proponents are coming in strong I suppose.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what are the best rtw shoes money can buy with in this price segment?

GeoffreyB

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what are the best rtw shoes money can buy with in this price segment?

The value that AM provides (at different price points) an exceptional shoe for your money! AM I would say is very difficult shoemaker to beat.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will say this much about AM over ACME. We have no real idea how the ACME shoes fit. No idea how they wear over time. No idea if the shoes retain their shape after significant wear.

I do know the answer to all those questions with AM's shoes. I don't mind spending the money. If you were going to spend $1400 (a significant amount of money), would you spend it on a proven shoe or take a chance on mystery? Considering I'm not much for the unknown (unless it was someone else's money of course ?), I'd prefer the known.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All I can say is I really wish I had gone on the Aurum train when it was quite a bit cheaper...

edit: as I believe that’s what ACME is suppose to be comparable?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

custom made fitting? I guess he does remote Aurum too, though definitely not something I would do (last modification remote, or at that price range at least)

This is the one I keep going back to and drooling...
1606526225117.jpeg

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

custom made fitting? I guess he does remote Aurum too, though definitely not something I would do (last modification remote, or at that price range at least)

My first ever pair was done remotely. That's when Aurum was about $1500, so that was many many years. My subsequent two pairs were Bespoke. Other than minimized heel slip and a closer fit in the toes (lower toe box height), not much differentiates the pairs.

So you can potentially get really really close towards Bespoke. You will need a bunch of pictures, pictures of your measured fit, the measurements themselves, and the trial pair to obtain a similar fit like I received on that initial fit.
Considering the prices they go for now, I would take all the proper precautions.

Incidentally, all my proceeding pairs were Aurums after those two pairs of Bespoke . They fit great. Then again, why wouldn't they ?.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok, definitely higher, the last time I inquired Aurum for an oxford was like 1,650 euro, at current F/X, that's nearly $2k (was your $1.5k when F/X was more like 1.1?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads