• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
use this company to make a label. I got a quick quote for around $70 via DHL for a pair of shoes from the US to Italy https://www.netparcel.com/
Thank you and can use this for future. Though I am wary to try the Soft square last now as per @clee1982 the instep would be same for soft square and chisel 2 last.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@saurabh

Generally, I don't think AM's RTW work so well on low instep feet, my case is a bit worse as I also have small heel and flat feet.

You may want to try his MTM process? he will make a last for you based on the measurement you provided, it took long but the result should be good. (according to my friends who tried it before)

Mine is a bit complicated and has been through 2 test shoes (so 2 last modification), looking to receive them next month, will update you guys on how it fits.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you and can use this for future. Though I am wary to try the Soft square last now as per @clee1982 the instep would be same for soft square and chisel 2 last.

or you can wait for ~4 month when I get the last tree, that should make it pretty obvious if you got a shot on the instep issue

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@saurabh

Generally, I don't think AM's RTW work so well on low instep feet, my case is a bit worse as I also have small heel and flat feet.

You may want to try his MTM process? he will make a last for you based on the measurement you provided, it took long but the result should be good. (according to my friends who tried it before)

Mine is a bit complicated and has been through 2 test shoes (so 2 last modification), looking to receive them next month, will update you guys on how it fits.
Thanks for your input and I think it doesn’t work for normal instep as well.
To be honest now I don’t have patience to wait for 6-8 months for AM MTM shoes and what I have read here how long the MTM shoes takes I am not very inclined.
I would rather try Acme RTW shoe if I need higher end product/completely handmade for the next purchase or something which already fits me in RTW and plus I have 4 pending handwelted orders (3 from Yeossal and 1 from Oct tenth).
1st order from Yeossal just shipped and will have it next week. Based on the fitting 2 more orders will be put in production.
When you see Yeossal made the shoe in 6 weeks it’s so much better than waiting 6 months.
Also, my Oct Tenth SpTD remake should be ready in 6-8 weeks with a lower instep as well.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input and I think it doesn’t work for normal instep as well.
To be honest now I don’t have patience to wait for 6-8 months for AM MTM shoes and what I have read here how long the MTM shoes takes I am not very inclined.
I would rather try Acme RTW shoe for the next purchase or something which already fits me in RTW and plus I have 4 pending handwelted orders (3 from Yeossal and 1 from Oct tenth).
1st order from Yeossal just shipped and will have it next week. Based on the fitting 2 more orders will be put in production.
Oct Tenth SpTD remake should be ready in 6-8 weeks with a lower instep as well.
Yeah I feel you, the waiting is very frustrating.

One alternative is Stefano Bemer, one of my Favorite brands. I think there are not many "purely handmade" shoes nowadays, if I got them right, only 3 in Italy right now (talking about RTW/ MTO here), SB Tradizione being one of them, they do allow last modification (with additional charge), I plan to try the last modification later this year.

Do keep us posted about how OT and Yeossal go. Based on the video from Viche, they don't seem to handle it really well when it comes to last modification, (welt line is not straight/ clean, heel also seem uneven, which happens to my previous order with Xibao as well), I am very curious to see how it works on you, thank you in advance!

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One alternative is Stefano Bemer, one of my Favorite brands. I think there are not many "purely handmade" shoes nowadays, if I got them right, only 3 in Italy right now (talking about RTW/ MTO here), SB Tradizione being one of them, they do allow last modification (with additional charge), I plan to try the last modification later this year.

Do keep us posted about how OT and Yeossal go. Based on the video from Viche, they don't seem to handle it really well when it comes to last modification, (welt line is not straight/ clean, heel also seem uneven, which happens to my previous order with Xibao as well), I am very curious to see how it works on you, thank you in advance!
Absolutely will keep you posted and looking forward to see your MTM AM shoes.
for Yeossal I took 3 mm reduced instep modification for the first order and will know more when I take delivery of it.
for Oct Tenth I asked Tom to reduce instep by 6 mm from Huang 8 UK and that will make the instep same as Soh RTW which fits me well.
I am hoping that is the case and Oct Tenth remake is a much better fit based on comparing lasts of Oct Tenth and Soh.

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm very interested to hear more experience about ACME for sure, AM's deliver time definitely hinder things a bit

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I only have two of their shoes, but I also really like SB's offerings. Their lasts and leathers are beautiful. Additionally, what I found is that they may quote you a date, and typically deliver close to that date (based on my experiences and others I know that own their shoes).

Price wise they are on the upper end, but if you are lucky enough to nail down the fit it is an excellent shoe.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like SB when I visit their UES location, but I never went like "wow I must get it", guess once you go beyond certain the wow factor just gets harder

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think after a while the only shoes that make an impression are ones that can't be worn. For example, those shoe competition shoes will make you say wow.

I forget what year it was and the maker, but it was the shoe with the shoe tree that had the violin top. The most complete package I have ever seen.

boot_owl

Reaction score
I think after a while the only shoes that make an impression are ones that can't be worn. For example, those shoe competition shoes will make you say wow.

I forget what year it was and the maker, but it was the shoe with the shoe tree that had the violin top. The most complete package I have ever seen.
2018, patrick frei

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like SB when I visit their UES location, but I never went like "wow I must get it", guess once you go beyond certain the wow factor just gets harder
Yeah, I definitely feel you on that. But, having said that...some of the pics I see of Bemer shoes online are among the few left that give me the feels!

(Oh, and I'm also still jonesing for one pair in particular, at least, from Ramon Cuberta.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads