• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
No I actually did purchase something like a year or so ago. I've gone on the site when they have like the Black Friday stuff. I guess I'm going in there with the focal directness of a horse with blinders on.

It's just like people who tend to miss the AM last library when they see AM shoes...

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am curious about Soft square last sizing and whether it is smaller than chisel 2 last. For reference, i am 8UK TTS and 8.5 E UK in EG/G&G. I have tried Chisel 2 last, found that 8E UK was too tight for my toes and 8.5 E UK was little loose/had higher instep for my normal instep feet. Returning both shoes to Italy was a very costly affair lol and then i gave up on AM shoes.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don’t think you will solve instep issue with soft square, he does do last modification though, but that would put you on single MTO price and not sure how much he charge for last modification (I know for “small” stuff he doesn’t charge)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I take 9E in chisel 2 and that’s good kind of tight. For soft square I ordered 9F (his wide fit) heel is a tiny tiny bit wider than I like, but don’t think I can go to 9E on soft square due to toebox (but I would like to try, as well as 9.5E in soft square, though shipping is too expensive for that kind sizing trial...)

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t think you will solve instep issue with soft square, he does do last modification though, but that would put you on single MTO price and not sure how much he charge for last modification (I know for “small” stuff he doesn’t charge)
So you think Soft square and Chisel 2 last (same size) instep would be similar ?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That would be my guess I’m getting lasted shoe tree in 3 to 4 month (when my other order come in), that should make the comparison easy (though the last shoe tree would be on soft square 9F vs chisel 2 9E so not quite Apple to Apple)

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I take 9E in chisel 2 and that’s good kind of tight. For soft square I ordered 9F (his wide fit) heel is a tiny tiny bit wider than I like, but don’t think I can go to 9E on soft square due to toebox (but I would like to try, as well as 9.5E in soft square, though shipping is too expensive for that kind sizing trial...)
Believe me i know, USPS didn't allow shoes to be shipped back to Italy and they have some restrictions. DHL was around $200 shipping to Italy (for 1 pair shoes and trees) and yes shipping 2 shoes back from US to Italy is a very costly affair.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe me i know, USPS didn't allow shoes to be shipped back to Italy and they have some restrictions. DHL was around $200 shipping to Italy (for 1 pair shoes and trees) and yes shipping 2 shoes back from US to Italy is a very costly affair.

Great Caesars ghost! That's a lot of money for shipping.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
glad I never even "thought" about that..., yea it would be great if there is a US AM retailer..

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great Caesars ghost! That's a lot of money for shipping.
Well yes it is and so much inconvenient when you have to prepare all paperwork, customs docs etc, but some retailers do offer return shipping label in the box like Skoaktiebolaget. I once had to return something and paid €25 which was much reasonable and that much amount you can claim back through PayPal (If PayPal is used as a payment method).

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well yes it is and so much inconvenient when you have to prepare all paperwork, customs docs etc, but some retailers do offer return shipping label in the box like Skoaktiebolaget. I once had to return something and paid €25 which was much reasonable and that much amount you can claim back through PayPal (If PayPal is used as a payment method).

One of the best attributes about Skoaktiebolaget is the ease with which they handle shipments incoming and outgoing.

gmehra

Reaction score
use this company to make a label. I got a quick quote for around $70 via DHL for a pair of shoes from the US to Italy https://www.netparcel.com/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads