• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no idea actually, always jut bought something random off amazon in the past (or was given by say Bloomingdales etc.)

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered the ones from Skolyx and found the quality to be very, very nice. They were willing to put them in an envelope for me with stamps, so that I didn't have to pay 35 euros or whatever in postage. Good guys.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about letting go this too.

Size 7.5E, comes with lasted shoe trees. DM me for more details.

Tried on only, never worn it outside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
regarding the tongue pad, I bought a lot of this from Amazon, might be easier if you are in NA.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good morning. I bought these Centurions a few months ago. I can't get past the feeling that they are about a 1/4 size too big. I've worn them to work for 4 days I think. They are a beautiful tobacco suede. I think i paid $800 or so. I'd take $600 OBO. I'd like to sell or trade for another suede dover. These are 8.5UK and I think i need an 8UK in most brands. Unfortunately, our cleaning lady threw the box and everything out :( Thanks!!

I am a touch upset at how bad the sizing is on these from AM. Very inconsistent.. Mine fit 1/2 size bigger as well. Somebody take my size 9 so I can buy his in 8.5 UK ?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess for guys with high instep take EG/GG size and for size worn normal instep take CJ/Carmina size seems to work?

bsarosi

Reaction score
I am a touch upset at how bad the sizing is on these from AM. Very inconsistent.. Mine fit 1/2 size bigger as well. Somebody take my size 9 so I can buy his in 8.5 UK ?

What last are they on?

shoes83

Reaction score
First pair of AM arrived today. Principes in burgundy, Hawksbill last (Argentum MTO, order put in around mid-May).

I took them in 11.5 UK, standard E width. I communicated with them and passed along my measurements. Btw, they recommended 11 UK for me in Chisel 1, Chisel 2 and Round.

These shoes have a heft to them that is quite impressive, without being anywhere near uncomfortable. They fit well and I have room for my toes, which is great. Let's see how they break in and conform to my feet.

One thing I must say I learned in the process is that my instep is very high. Everyone talks about how AM has a high instep, and I don't even get close to having almost no V-gap (although I think this looks good and it may actually get narrower as they break in).

Anyway, very excited with these. I have another order in and already thinking about another pair in Chisel 2... :D

Attachments

• 20200916_144406.jpg
    20200916_144406.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 20200916_144413.jpg
    20200916_144413.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 20200916_144418.jpg
    20200916_144418.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 20200916_144428.jpg
    20200916_144428.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 123

shoes83

Reaction score
Great color. Out of curiosity, what is your size in other brands?
Thanks, this is antiqued burgundy. It looks generally a bit darker than this. Or should I say that light makes a big impact on how the color shows.

- Allen Edmonds: 12D US
- Bontoni: 12M US / 11 UK (slightly more snug that AM in Hawksbill)
- GG: I only have one pair in the Classic line so far, in 11.5 UK (the Classic line is wider than "regular" lasts, so people say EX width, but the box says 11.5F). They are definitely wider and have more room for toes
- Vass: 11 UK / 45 EUR in the F-last. I'm actually selling these (check buy and sell ads) as they have significantly less toe room). Length is good though, but not sure I want to try a different size given the slight gap that has formed (my feet are not flat, but I don't have high arches)

I have some other stuff to hopefully come soon, we'll see.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Thanks, this is antiqued burgundy. It looks generally a bit darker than this. Or should I say that light makes a big impact on how the color shows.

- Allen Edmonds: 12D US
- Bontoni: 12M US / 11 UK (slightly more snug that AM in Hawksbill)
- GG: I only have one pair in the Classic line so far, in 11.5 UK (the Classic line is wider than "regular" lasts, so people say EX width, but the box says 11.5F). They are definitely wider and have more room for toes
- Vass: 11 UK / 45 EUR in the F-last. I'm actually selling these (check buy and sell ads) as they have significantly less toe room). Length is good though, but not sure I want to try a different size given the slight gap that has formed (my feet are not flat, but I don't have high arches)

I have some other stuff to hopefully come soon, we'll see.
With respect to your G & G classic range shoe, given the larger width, would you recommend sizing down a whole size from a US size. I wear a US 11.5 D and was wondering if I should consider a 10.5 or 11 in the G & G classic range shoe. Any suggestions?

shoes83

Reaction score
With respect to your G & G classic range shoe, given the larger width, would you recommend sizing down a whole size from a US size. I wear a US 11.5 D and was wondering if I should consider a 10.5 or 11 in the G & G classic range shoe. Any suggestions?
The consensus from what I've seen is to still go down half a size from your US size.

I've tried my best to compare the lengh of AM and GG Classic, both in 11.5 UK - see pictures below. They're not that different in terms of lengh, but GG Classic is wider, both at instep (less of a difference) and at the wider part of the foot.

I suppose you could try one full size down depending on the format of your feet. See where the tip of my big toe lies in one of the pictures. At that point, the shoes are already a bit narrow / close to the tip, so if your other toes are shorter, that could work.

I would only do this, though, if you can easily return the shoes. In that case, then it's probably better to order both sizes and see what works, and then you can return the other.

Attachments

• 20200916_162204.jpg
    20200916_162204.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 20200916_162346.jpg
    20200916_162346.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 20200916_162224.jpg
    20200916_162224.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 111

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AM shoe always has "heft", it's not English danddy type of shoe but still sleek enough, that's what I appreciate about his stuff.

I really want to try soft square and hawsbill in regular width to confirm my size on those though (that will for sure open a ton of pandora box..)

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AM shoe always has "heft", it's not English danddy type of shoe but still sleek enough, that's what I appreciate about his stuff.
I'm a little intrigued by that, as I always remember something David Bowie said once in an interview. He was saying that when you wear a suit you need a good, solid British shoe at the end of your leg, not a dainty Italian one, or something along those lines.

I guess maybe it's the case that both British and Italian makers span that range of styles? I mean, I can think of a number of Italian looks -- many loafers, in particular -- that tend toward the 'dandy'. And then of course things like Trickers that seem built like a tank.

I really want to try soft square and hawsbill in regular width to confirm my size on those though (that will for sure open a ton of pandora box..)
I also really, really want to try the Hawksbill last. I'm wondering how similar it is to the Huang by Oct Tent.

shoes83

Reaction score

Oh yes, I already fear for my bank account...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads