• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
That's actually a really funny read. If that's the real GC, they aren't doing themselves any favors.

I didn't make it up. I was seriously upset after texting the account.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bootyboy

Reaction score
Here is the shoe after a rainy day. Wiped down using a damp cloth after wearing.

Guess I will just leave it like this, and put boot trees back in tmr after the interior has dried a bit.

View attachment 1433698
They are beautiful. What are the details of this makeup?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw, just had one of the weirdest conversation with an official Instagram account this afternoon. Not exactly AM-related, but guess AM-fans may have a laugh over this:

Since when did asking about handwelted became a crime?

I have to admit I thought that was hilarious until I realized it was a conversation with an official Cleverley account representative.

I guess naming their clientele is part and parcel with the way Cleverley operates these days. Not to mention, a lack of proper training when it comes to customer relations.

This couldn't have been George Glasgow Sr. as he is one of the nicer guys you'd meet. Plus, he may not even know how to use social media haha. Probably some underpaid, miserable intern.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to admit I thought that was hilarious until I realized it was a conversation with an official Cleverley account representative.

I guess naming their clientele is part and parcel with the way Cleverley operates these days. Not to mention, a lack of proper training when it comes to customer relations.

This couldn't have been George Glasgow Sr. as he is one of the nicer guys you'd meet. Plus, he may not even know how to use social media haha. Probably some underpaid, miserable intern.

Looks like others in that thread are pretty sure that it's GG Jr. based on their experiences.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

well, read from here and on

all speculation is his son

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like others in that thread are pretty sure that it's GG Jr. based on their experiences.
well, read from here and on

all speculation is his son

Never dealt with Glasgow's son. Then again, it was over 10 years since I picked up my GCs. I'm not even sure Glasgow Sr. does Trunk shows any longer.
These days the best options are probably the small English makers or a modest house like FS anyways.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
English bespoke is still too much blood for me these days, like how much is Nicholas Templeman, 4k GBP?

edit: never mind, looks like 3k GBP starting, still, sounds like a good deal almost...

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never dealt with Glasgow's son. Then again, it was over 10 years since I picked up my GCs. I'm not even sure Glasgow Sr. does Trunk shows any longer.
These days the best options are probably the small English makers or a modest house like FS anyways.

I went to a GC trunk show 2 yrs ago (Glasgow Jr and Adam were present) maybe 2 wks after going to a Gaziano and Girling trunk show (my 1st ever experience) and the customer service/bedside manner was WORLDS apart.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to a GC trunk show 2 yrs ago (GG Jr and Adam were present) maybe 2 wks after going to a GG trunk show (my 1st ever experience) and the customer service/bedside manner was WORLDS apart.

Yes the trunk show experience always is an important introduction into the brand. Not the shoes or the brand really, but the people behind the brand. It is what reels you in or pushes you away.
A good experience just endears you to the product, and keeps you coming back.

hkoldguy

Reaction score
English bespoke is still too much blood for me these days, like how much is Nicholas Templeman, 4k GBP?

edit: never mind, looks like 3k GBP starting, still, sounds like a good deal almost...

i was hoping templeman would make a visit to Hong Kong
But the social event and now covid has prevented him from doing so

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If the dollar keeps depreciating against the pound, it may not be such a good deal.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads