• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another interest check on this, also posted here...

Mm you know, the Libritor 2 wholecut (with the light brogueing on the heel counter) is starting to appeal to me in that grey brown patina.
IMG_7771-2-1.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It this a modified version? Didn't realize there is broguing on the heel counter

I use to like whole cut a lot more, but not so sure now, though with medallion definitely is more "balanced" to me (vs. a plain whole cut)

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea Antonio has 4 different wholecut versions available for MTO. I like the extra broguing on the heel counter, it definitely improves on the version without it.

There's also Libritor 4, which I think would look very cool with the greyish brown patina, but I'm guessing that's a bit too wild for you.
IMG_9240.jpg

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think the Conicem is prob the most interesting choice since it's a wholecut, and has the square facing of the Imperator except with broguing.

Not to mention, Antonio doesn't offer the Conicem for MTO right now,but I'm guessing he'll be willing to do it for GMTO

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It this a modified version? Didn't realize there is broguing on the heel counter

I use to like whole cut a lot more, but not so sure now, though with medallion definitely is more "balanced" to me (vs. a plain whole cut)
If you zoom in and look carefully, you can see the broguing on the heel counter. I stared at that photo probably dozens of times before I noticed it.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you zoom in and look carefully, you can see the broguing on the heel counter. I stared at that photo probably dozens of times before I noticed it.

yup, you're right on dark color it's really hard to see

1594496114350.png

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yea Antonio has 4 different wholecut versions available for MTO. I like the extra broguing on the heel counter, it definitely improves on the version without it.

There's also Libritor 4, which I think would look very cool with the greyish brown patina, but I'm guessing that's a bit too wild for you.
IMG_9240.jpg

I think Libritor 4 looks better than conciem

So in general the Libritor are
1 -> original whole cut
2 -> both medallion and brouging on the back
3 -> medallion only
4 -> "floating" adelaide (or whatever how you call it, think this was originally "3")

though it might also be an angle/color thing, this conciem looks better

than this one

looks better than Conicem

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@clee1982 I agree with you. The Conicem in dark color just looks very classy. I would be in for a GMTO of Libritor 4, Conicem, or Libritor 2 in that greyish brown patina. I find wholecuts easier to wear with non-suit outfits, while I can only see myself wearing the Imperator with suits.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can see that, but would you really wear say jeans with whole cut?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
double monk/chelsea/chunky brogue I can see that, though whole cut I guess it has to be a bit "eccentric" for me personally

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you mean Aurum? Think it's a lot more though
A few years back I was thinking Argentum MTM. Now I realize I might as well go for Aurum and buy fewer pairs. It's expensive but at least I'm confident the shoes will come out exquisitely.

I like my Argentum but I can't help but think how much more I would love it if the fit was even better.

Edit: stupid autocorrect had Argentums changed to Argentina

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads