• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Complete Novice

Reaction score
Oddly enough I know very little about this brand. Odd because I am always interested in low cost Japanese shoes.

Although, IIRC, I thought they were factory made shoes? Something akin to what Clematis Ginza does where they have the machine made ready to wear options.
@BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes not exactly cheap but I believe you would enjoy Santa Mercedes then .............
https://santamercede.com/index.html
IMG-20190511-WA0007 (3).jpg
IMG-20190511-WA0010 (1).jpg
IMG-20190511-WA0012 (1).jpg
IMG-20190511-WA0017 (1).jpg
IMG-20190511-WA0021.jpg

Boy, I could really get behind that Han boot. Rough details?

@acapaca :)

Price is approx JPY135,000 including trees. Not sure of the construction or leather choices.

@Complete Novice the Han boot stitching makes it a bit not as clean in my opinion. But then it’s just me ?
It's all good - I'm here to solicit feedback and learn something, am enjoying the exchange of opinions. Thank you!

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:)

Price is approx JPY135,000 including trees. Not sure of the construction or leather choices.

It's all good - I'm here to solicit feedback and learn something, am enjoying the exchange of opinions. Thank you!

Goodyear construction. Standard French leather options. JR exterior soles. Italian interior vegetable tanned insoles. Extra charge for any leather not readily available. I found out already ?.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
@BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes not exactly cheap but I believe you would enjoy Santa Mercedes then .............
https://santamercede.com/index.html
View attachment 1415192 View attachment 1415193 View attachment 1415194 View attachment 1415196 View attachment 1415197

@acapaca :)

How's your GMTO going btw? I think you have been here for long enough to know we don't need more shoes - and we just click BUY on some random maker's website as we say so.

Sometimes single MTO gives you a better chance of having something special and one-of-a-kind. Just think how you don't have to compromise on the patina, the stitching colour, the medallion... or having to spend time to message the 6th guy who disappears into a black hole once you confirm with the maker you are going for it :p

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's your GMTO going btw? I think you have been here for long enough to know we don't need more shoes - and we just click BUY on some random maker's website as we say so.

Sometimes single MTO gives you a better chance of having something special and one-of-a-kind. Just think how you don't have to compromise on the patina, the stitching colour, the medallion... or having to spend time to message the 6th guy who disappears into a black hole once you confirm with the maker you are going for it :p
To AM's defense, he can be very flexible on providing some personal adjustments when it comes to GMTO...for a small fee of course.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What changes have you asked for? That option encourages me to join more Meccariello GMTO.
I will message you. Don't want to open Pandora's Box. Lol

Short answer: always run it by AM before joining a GMTO to see if he can make the accommodations and at what costs. He is a very reasonable guy.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will message you. Don't want to open Pandora's Box. Lol

Short answer: always run it by AM before joining a GMTO to see if he can make the accommodations and at what costs. He is a very reasonable guy.

agree, and yes speaking from personal experience as well...

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
✍ taking notes.
he's just jotting down all our shoe sizes for Perticone... actually there's like 5 of us on the thread with about the same size, so Seiichi Yoshimoto will probably think all 5 pairs are for Bcolle, "Bryan, very strange that all your colleagues order burgundy split toe in 8.5E"

The legend continues...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads