• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

gte872h

Reaction score
with regard to shaft height, I'm of the opinion either keep it low or high, not in between. My main issue is back side will get caught in the pants after sitting down.

Yes. The laces are generally higher up on the shaft in typical George boots. Could see that being an issue.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
linking someone's quick compare to Passus

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
raise you 2 han.shoemaker :)

Not quite convinced about the placement of the looping stitch over the ankle, I can that it is required to stiffen the leather which usually sags and bulges in this area but makes it look like a boot shaft grafted over a derby - which is exactly what a chukka is I guess!

Beautiful proportions though, really like the S profiles that I can see here ............

What do you think?
View attachment 1413244 View attachment 1413245

Oddly enough I know very little about this brand. Odd because I am always interested in low cost Japanese shoes.

Although, IIRC, I thought they were factory made shoes? Something akin to what Clematis Ginza does where they have the machine made ready to wear options.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boy, I could really get behind that Han boot. Rough details?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
@Complete Novice the Han boot stitching makes it a bit not as clean in my opinion. But then it’s just me ?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
My spiral wholecut “Tacticus” in navy Janus calf just clicked

BC792588-429F-49DA-9364-7B087F5FE391.jpeg

4EF6F2DF-4B15-4A29-8A45-1E699944C3C2.jpeg

and I chose a purple lining

7D64FEA0-6A26-4FC4-94DC-8F11CAA9662B.jpeg

Antonio said it would be ready before the summer vacation. He didn’t say which summer, I think. ?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, harder to take summer break this time around, maybe you have a better chance to be "this summer"....

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking in general of Italian shoemakers, has anyone actually ever received their shoes ahead of the quoted time or on time?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking in general of Italian shoemakers, has anyone actually ever received their shoes ahead of the quoted time or on time?

my approach to italian is purchase and forget, I don't even pretend the date has any meaning to them, just take the philosphical approach..., but if it's 2X over quoted time then yea I might start asking...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my approach to italian is purchase and forget, I don't even pretend the date has any meaning to them, just take the philosphical approach..., but if it's 2X over quoted time then yea I might start asking...

Well that's my model. As mentioned previously, I have the Italian factor in mind when I order something from an Italian maker. 1.5 x quoted time. Based on my factor, it's usually on time ??‍♂️.

I heard Stefano Bemer is pretty on time, I will know if it's true in 5 weeks.

For SB, they beat my factor. Time quoted was 12 weeks. Mines were ready in 16 weeks. Although, that could have been because they are blue pence Bespoke or whatever the name is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads