• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which maker is that?

Two actually. A HW Sons of Henrey (in Burgundy grain of some sort) SpTD. And a pair of Ramon Cuberta SpTD, also in Burgundy. The RCs I would need to see a drawing of how they may look, so I am waiting on that. Last thing I need is a pair of prissy looking one dimensional Split toes.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pic of Centurion on Chisel 2 .. Looks damn good I say.

473B2407-AB75-4E05-8B8F-9E41EE704933.png

evangel21

Reaction score
Does anyone have any AMs in either Castagna del prete or Noce di benevento? Would like to see these colors in the wild.

Thanks in advance!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks a bit front heavy than soft square but still very good

You hit the nail on the head.

There was something slightly off to my eye about these shoes. I could not put my finger on what it was. Front heavy!

I may be in the minority here, but after looking at several of AMs Split toes the style does not work for all leathers. The SpTDs that @nishant demonstrated a few days ago were glorious. When I have seen the Split Toes with a smooth leather, especially with a shine, the robustness of the frontal part of the shoe is accentuated. With a shined grained leather, I would anticipate the same reaction.

Perhaps either employing the design primarily with suede, or an unshined matted appearance should provide balance ?.

Saying that, they are still a fantastic pair of SpTDs that warrant addition to anyone's wardrobe.

reddargon

Reaction score
That is so sexy, now I am having second thoughts about stocking it in this or oxblood. Man, look at those shoes. Antonio is incredible

For what it's worth, my vote goes to Castagna del prete - I've been shopping for a brogue that looks like this for a long time and after seeing one, I would snap one up at the first opportunity.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my vote goes to Castagna del prete - I've been shopping for a brogue that looks like this for a long time and after seeing one, I would snap one up at the first opportunity.

I have been on this Oxblood/Burgundy, even Aubergine for few months. Should make for a popular but versatile piece I think.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head.

There was something slightly off to my eye about these shoes. I could not put my finger on what it was. Front heavy!

I may be in the minority here, but after looking at several of AMs Split toes the style does not work for all leathers. The SpTDs that @nishant demonstrated a few days ago were glorious. When I have seen the Split Toes with a smooth leather, especially with a shine, the robustness of the frontal part of the shoe is accentuated. With a shined grained leather, I would anticipate the same reaction.

Perhaps either employing the design primarily with suede, or an unshined matted appearance should provide balance ?.

Saying that, they are still a fantastic pair of SpTDs that warrant addition to anyone's wardrobe.

I guess with split toe, the attention is on the front by default, so now you mirror shine it with antiquing on the toe will definitely bring all the attention to the front, I guess that's why sometimes round toe can look a bit more balanced (because it draw less attention to the front vs. chisel, not sure), though I still prefer chisel, guess it's either soft square in F (live with a bit heel slippage) vs. Chisel 2...

evangel21

Reaction score
I just happen to be wearing a pair of Decurion 3s in Castagna del prete today; here you go:

View attachment 1367877

Thanks! The color looks awesome. Mid brown but dark enough yet not too dark like a dark brown.
Looking at doing something with AM in this color. This might have helped me in deciding which color to go for.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads