• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would agree with @clee1982 that a medallion would look better, but then again a wholecut always looks great. Having said that, medallions are damn cool ?.

I think the more I look at that Fukuda brogue balmoral with the medallion the more I want that make-up. Actually I may actually have one, these days I have no clue what I own ? View attachment 1366157

Hopefully things improve with the Pandemic all over the world. A trip by you to the US with all of AMs lasts would prove quite useful. Moreover, you can clear up all the sizing confusion. PLUS I may yet purchase my first pair of RTW AM haha.
Thank you! It will be definitely in the future plans! Let's hope this whole thing dies down a little faster...be safe there. People in Sweden do not give a damn.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Centurion on Soft Square ..

A71A1944-DCF4-4F41-9CA8-9BDE7E540604.jpeg
510BDBB2-EE49-46E5-A0DF-23766120893F.jpeg
181033BF-BA6A-444E-88CF-DEDF98BCF4E4.jpeg
44B5445B-6D13-49EA-B7F3-E2BC1184C592.jpeg

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me the Centurion is the most stylish, elegant, sexiest Split Toe on the market. I am so sad he cannot make it right now with the real boar's bristle.
Your shoes collection is amazing but your photo skills are absolutely brilliant too
Just noticed ? Viccel socks? I think I have the exact same pair

Thanks for the compliments RE: the photography. Experimenting with the gear and these came out good .. no doubt.

Centurion is certainly one of the coolest split toes on the market .. Dressier than EG or GG and certainly prettier.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me the Centurion is the most stylish, elegant, sexiest Split Toe on the market. I am so sad he cannot make it right now with the real boar's bristle.

Centurion is certainly one of the coolest split toes on the market .. Dressier than EG or GG and certainly prettier.

Not that the Dover needs defending, however when you give it a nice shine and have a smooth leather it definitely looks fantastic.

The Hove, to my eye, looks prettier than the Centurion. I have seen pictures of it with a mirror shine and it looks like a ballerina slipper (i.e. dainty and too slick). The Centurion although not as pretty, this actually makes it more versatile.

Whilst I still prefer the shape of the Dover (obviously bias considering I own three of them), the Centurion is undoubtedly a really fabulous and versatile SpTD. Cheaper than both the Hove and Dover.

I would have no reservations ranking it within my top five RTW SpTDs out there (maybe 4th in fact).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
speaking of split toe, anyone has Centurion on Chisel 2 (to look at)? it just fits me better than soft square, though I do think it looks good on soft square.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
speaking of split toe, anyone has Centurion on Chisel 2 (to look at)? it just fits me better than soft square, though I do think it looks good on soft square.

Funny you say that ... I am ? doing a Centurion in Chisel 2 next. That last fits like a dream. Maybe we should get a GMTO going ?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny you say that ... I am ? doing a Centurion in Chisel 2 next. That last fits like a dream. Maybe we should get a GMTO going ?
I am totally down for that. I just worry how it will work out since he mentioned he doesn’t have someone to sew them with the boar’s bristle right now...hmm

What color would you make it?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want to see how centurion looks like on chisel 2 first though anyone has a shot?

Reactions: AWu

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am totally down for that. I just worry how it will work out since he mentioned he doesn’t have someone to sew them with the boar’s bristle right now...hmm

What color would you make it?

ah well I guess have to wait until all these things pass, I would have though to be somewhat less dressy, so in some kind hatch grain, burgundy/oxblood (not sure which is darker). Or we can go the standard EG Darkoak equivalent

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ah well I guess have to wait until all these things pass, I would have though to be somewhat less dressy, so in some kind hatch grain, burgundy/oxblood (not sure which is darker). Or we can go the standard EG Darkoak equivalent
I would really like to see it in hatch gran actually or or some nice darker color. The only pic I have seen is the suede one and the dark brown one I think. Of course we need to wait until everything passes!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now that's a man that has taste. In my opinion, nothing beats the beauty and versatility of a dark oak color.

A Burgundy SpTD also is a fantastic idea. I am working on that as we speak. Different maker same premise ?.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads