• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Sometimes buying 0.5 size smaller and modify the tree to strategically stretch it could help.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I think it depends on where you need the additional space, I always need the additional space in toebox, and that's probably one of the least likely to stretch place...

Oh, well, that’s right...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That sounds painful...

Sometimes buying 0.5 size smaller and modify the tree to strategically stretch it could help.

Definitely do have scars! On my pinky toe and heels for instance it is a painful proposition. I have a pair of larger sized shoe trees or just use my UK9 trees when I need a bit of artificial stretch.

With regards to length, if the smaller size is way too short (toes rubbing against the end of the toe box) then I just go for my standard size or don't purchase altogether. If it's width, that's when the trees come out. Typically the heel usually breaks in, so that would not be a problem.

When I first tried on a pair of StCs that gave me that locked in tight feeling, I knew I was in trouble because money was going to be depleted haha. So when I discovered AM did MTM, first thing I mentioned was that arch support, tightness across the heel and waist, but width across the toe box. Since then, it was a great match with his shoes.

I believe that's why people who don't need Bespoke go Bespoke, since you are purchasing that fit you desire. Fortunately after a few pairs of Bespoke shoes, I just purchase Aurums. He does them at a lower price point, but precisely how I need them to fit. Thinking about it, I wonder if I could just do the Argentum MTM ?.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely do have scars! On my pinky toe and heels for instance it is a painful proposition. I have a pair of larger sized shoe trees or just use my UK9 trees when I need a bit of artificial stretch.

With regards to length, if the smaller size is way too short (toes rubbing against the end of the toe box) then I just go for my standard size or don't purchase altogether. If it's width, that's when the trees come out. Typically the heel usually breaks in, so that would not be a problem.

When I first tried on a pair of StCs that gave me that locked in tight feeling, I knew I was in trouble because money was going to be depleted haha. So when I discovered AM did MTM, first thing I mentioned was that arch support, tightness across the heel and waist, but width across the toe box. Since then, it was a great match with his shoes.

I believe that's why people who don't need Bespoke go Bespoke, since you are purchasing that fit you desire. Fortunately after a few pairs of Bespoke shoes, I just purchase Aurums. He does them at a lower price point, but precisely how I need them to fit. Thinking about it, I wonder if I could just do the Argentum MTM ?.

we really need AM to do a trunk show in the US.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we really need AM to do a trunk show in the US.

Well myself and @Encore were trying to devise a way to do just that. Unfortunately, there would probably not be as much interest in Aurums or Bespoke for him to do a Trunk show.

More realistic, I think, if a small business retailer (i.e. an Armoury or Leffot) picked up his line. Even a NY/LA based small retailer (who could travel) that carried all his lasts would be extremely beneficial. Akin to "The Noble Shoe" (@Noblekostas) but US edition would be amazing (and no Kostas I'm not plugging your business but I am ?).

Last edited:

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well myself and @Encore were trying to devise a way to do just that. Unfortunately, there would probably not be as much interest in Aurums or Bespoke for him to do a Trunk show.

More realistic, I think, if a small business retailer (i.e. an Armoury or Leffot) picked up his line. Even a NY/LA based small retailer (who could travel) that carried all his lasts would be extremely beneficial. Akin to "The Noble Shoe" (@Noblekostas) but US edition would be amazing (and no Kostas I'm not plugging your business but I am ?).
haha thanks man. Coincidentally I just decided on the last style to carry for the first batch. The 5th was this sexy beast
wholecut.jpg

I think he is one of the best really, let's hope classic menswear picks up again! I do hope in the future to make a visit to the US!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
have you decide that as final? I always thought whole cut looks a bit better with medallion toe...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
of course you're actually in the business of selling shoes, so you should know better, though that is definitely my preference

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
have you decide that as final? I always thought whole cut looks a bit better with medallion toe...
The honest truth is that I am quite new in the shoe business. I have had a couple of people tell me they love the idea of the libritor with the medallion even on the amber color. Nothing is completely final barring the models I chose but I will look for opinions here and there. In the end it is you (the enthusiasts) that would potentially buy a model like this and show preference on one style over the other!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do think black way better than the amber, the amber looks nice just very hard to pair...
Yes definitely, I was more talking about the medallion part. I will have some nice options in oxblood and caffe tostato and I feel black could be the last one. Another consideration is the wholecut chelsea boot in black.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha thanks man. Coincidentally I just decided on the last style to carry for the first batch. The 5th was this sexy beast
View attachment 1366096

I think he is one of the best really, let's hope classic menswear picks up again! I do hope in the future to make a visit to the US!

I would agree with @clee1982 that a medallion would look better, but then again a wholecut always looks great. Having said that, medallions are damn cool ?.

I think the more I look at that Fukuda brogue balmoral with the medallion the more I want that make-up. Actually I may actually have one, these days I have no clue what I own ?
Screenshot_20200310-024442_Chrome.jpg

Hopefully things improve with the Pandemic all over the world. A trip by you to the US with all of AMs lasts would prove quite useful. Moreover, you can clear up all the sizing confusion. PLUS I may yet purchase my first pair of RTW AM haha.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics