• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have CJ 341 in 8.5E UK in Sydney I take 9E UK in Chisel 2 and 9F in Soft Square, one of them is HW one is AW, I honestly don't remember which

In general I worry about toebox width I never tried 9E in Soft Square though the chance I can fit it in 9E is pretty slim.

I wear 9E UK in GG MH71, GG DG70/TG73 in 9E UK is too narrow. Only try on experience with JL so don't really remember but in general I think it was 8.5 normal width UK

I remember I had a hell of a tough time with pretty much all GGs. Their lasts had me feeling like the fat stepsister from Cinderella. As much as I squeezed and pushed, the damn shoe just wouldn't fit.

The MH71 was bearable so I bought a few pairs (2 if memory serves). I gave up that fight and sold them off.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In general I found English shoes narrower or somehow it's pushing my foot in a way that makes the pinky toe rub on the side...

Zaos1

Reaction score
In general I found English shoes narrower or somehow it's pushing my foot in a way that makes the pinky toe rub on the side...

in my case that is what I looking when I want to purchase a new pair, besides to be gorgeous I want a pair which feel tight to my feet, to be tight but without reach the point of being painful... and that mixture i have found it in the C&J last 348 and of course the AM soft square ?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking about how awesome the mountain ram leather looks...what do you guys think about an evocatus galway model with the shaft in mountain ram?

I am having some difficulty picking up the bi-material colors to use...suggestions?

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep thinking about how awesome the mountain ram leather looks...what do you guys think about an evocatus galway model with the shaft in mountain ram?

I am having some difficulty picking up the bi-material colors to use...suggestions?

This color combo looks okay...
_20200401_181400.JPG

But I've been craving black shoes lately so I'll pass because I doubt enough people will get behind the idea of a black version ?

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This color combo looks okay...
View attachment 1364656

But I've been craving black shoes lately so I'll pass because I doubt enough people will get behind the idea of a black version ?
I kept wanting to make an awesome Balmoral by Santos in Black but there was indeed not so much interest :(

The bottom seems to by his oxyblood or similar. I like it.

spencert

Reaction score
Gorgeous !!!

May I ask which size did you order?
I’m usually a 9.5 uk in almost every makers and 10E in AM aeris round. There is a 10,5E of this model (argentum soft square) in stock but I think I’m a 10E im this last/model.
Yes you are probably right. I am UK9.5 and got the Centurion in 10E.

bsarosi

Reaction score
Gorgeous !!!

I’m usually a 9.5 uk in almost every makers and 10E in AM aeris round. There is a 10,5E of this model (argentum soft square) in stock but I think I’m a 10E im this last/model.

I've found the round last to run a bit larger/roomier. I wear a UK9 in soft square and find UK8.5 in round to fit well, but that's my experience and based on input from @ThunderMarch

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gorgeous !!!

General guidance here is correct. You size up 1/2 for soft square, and keep usual UK size for round.
In this case however, it got wrong despite the guidance. I sized up 1/2 for soft square and it is a bit loose and needs a leather insole. Even the instep is different than my other RTW Soft Square. AM told me later that it might be because of it being suede and having more stretch. As you can probably, I am not perfectly happy about this but well.. I have found my perfect fit in chisel 2 and so every new pair I get from AM will be in chisel 2.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I guess the sizing up really depends. By my own mistake I ordered the same size as Chisel 2 when I ordered Soft Square Titanus from Medallion and didn’t bother to exchange. It was rather tight at first but after 20-30 wears it fits like a glove.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess the sizing up really depends. By my own mistake I ordered the same size as Chisel 2 when I ordered Soft Square Titanus from Medallion and didn’t bother to exchange. It was rather tight at first but after 20-30 wears it fits like a glove.

That's usually what I do but deliberately. I order a half size down from my normal size. For instance, I fit comfortably into a 9UK but prefer the fit of 8.5UK. It is usually at the expense of comfort and develop pinky pressure (soft corns) and heel blisters. If I can get past those few wears, the shoes fit like a glove. If I can't, away they go to another happy user (GG fell into this category & Carmina Simpson for example).

spencert

Reaction score

Yes really depends. Angela says my true size is UK9.75 after I submitted my measurements. Probably explains why I can take UK10 in soft square and UK9.5 in mayfair last.

However, chisel 2 is too small for me in UK9.5 and too big in UK10. So I stay away from chisel lasts.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's usually what I do but deliberately. I order a half size down from my normal size. For instance, I fit comfortably into a 9UK but prefer the fit of 8.5UK. It is usually at the expense of comfort and develop pinky pressure (soft corns) and heel blisters. If I can get past those few wears, the shoes fit like a glove. If I can't, away they go to another happy user (GG fell into this category & Carmina Simpson for example).

That sounds painful...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads