• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
only short chelsea in calf in the market right (for US) I can find are these

which is probably CJ, kind pricy for what it is then, and no idea which last, looks kind narrow in the toebox, otherwise like the design

just got confirmation these are on CJ 360 last, should be same size as 341, tempted...

edit: and I have a $250 gift card, so this is effectively back to normal UK pricing...

Last edited:

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

keep going back to this guy (only thing in my size and last that I know fit and is in stock), though kind debating whether good idea to have an oxford (formal) with grain (informal)..., votes, yes/no/maybe?
It depends. I'm not sure how well the sienna dye will hold but, if it's anything like the regular horween Russian calf, be ready to appreciate the constant discoloration from scuffs. Personally it doesn't bother me but I know it's not for everyone.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

keep going back to this guy (only thing in my size and last that I know fit and is in stock), though kind debating whether good idea to have an oxford (formal) with grain (informal)..., votes, yes/no/maybe?
This is one of the styles I want to stock. I think it is gorgeous personally. I wouldn't do the camo sole though.

So far for me it has been:
1) Principes in burgundy/caffe tostato box calf
2) Hastatus in caffe tostato
3) Armiticos in Hatch Grain (color to be decided)
4) Decurion 3 in Burgundy
5) Venator Boot in bi-material suede/calf or hatch/or the evocatus Galwayesque one

Thoughts?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It depends. I'm not sure how well the sienna dye will hold but, if it's anything like the regular horween Russian calf, be ready to appreciate the constant discoloration from scuffs. Personally it doesn't bother me but I know it's not for everyone.

discoloration would bother the heck out of me, because ever since the first born I have not been shining my shoes...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is one of the styles I want to stock. I think it is gorgeous personally. I wouldn't do the camo sole though.

So far for me it has been:
1) Principes in burgundy/caffe tostato box calf
2) Hastatus in caffe tostato
3) Armiticos in Hatch Grain (color to be decided)
4) Decurion 3 in Burgundy
5) Venator Boot in bi-material suede/calf or hatch/or the evocatus Galwayesque one

Thoughts?

I haven't venture into AM boots (my beater all winter boots is CJ Northcote plus CJ Tetbury Suede), though your other list is very nice "core" choice. The hatch grain is something that I like but I'm not sure I'll buy (you can see I keep going back and forth), NMWA used to have similar from AS (grain on oxford in 109?) think it didn't sell that well either...

From the list you have I got Hastatus covered already, I really like that model, I like Decurion 2 and 3 as well, Principes is a bit plain jane for me though...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

by the way thought this is not suppose to be horween russian calf imitate but some other (no idea who)

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't venture into AM boots (my beater all winter boots is CJ Northcote plus CJ Tetbury Suede), though your other list is very nice "core" choice. The hatch grain is something that I like but I'm not sure I'll buy (you can see I keep going back and forth), NMWA used to have similar from AS (grain on oxford in 109?) think it didn't sell that well either...

From the list you have I got Hastatus covered already, I really like that model, I like Decurion 2 and 3 as well, Principes is a bit plain jane for me though...
It is a big business venture for me and a substantial investment at these difficult times (I am just one man operation with nobody else to back me) so I have to maybe start a little more conservative. Don't forget that as soon as I order stock I unlock the possibility to organize GMTOs so this could be a total playground for more exciting things! :D

My Santos Salway Bi-Mat Boot is one of my best sellers, so I think it does have potential. Very interesting to consider about the Hatch, since in one of his recent posts mentioned it as a best seller!

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a big business venture for me and a substantial investment at these difficult times (I am just one man operation with nobody else to back me) so I have to maybe start a little more conservative. Don't forget that as soon as I order stock I unlock the possibility to organize GMTOs so this could be a total playground for more exciting things! :D

My Santos Salway Bi-Mat Boot is one of my best sellers, so I think it does have potential. Very interesting to consider about the Hatch, since in one of his recent posts mentioned it as a best seller!
True. Best start slow. Who knows what the global situation will be for the rest of the year.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goodness me this working from home thing has me busier than if I were at the office. I feel like I have more downtime away from home than while at home. Boggles the mind.

I only vote NO because of the contrast. Having said that, you start putting in more broguing and perhaps I would switch to a YES. Additionally, I would also change up the sole to a casual sole. I can say a casual style (PTB, SpTB) with this leather would be fantastic (mostly say that because both of my StCs use the Horween grain haha).

discoloration would bother the heck out of me, because ever since the first born I have not been shining my shoes...

It would not bother me because they would be for informal usage. Embrace it brother!

by the way thought this is not suppose to be horween russian calf imitate but some other (no idea who)

I believe the leather used is the Horween Arlington hatch grain print sold to Italian makers. Basically means, less compact leather and a softer. Color variances should (in theory) not be as bad as the leather used by StC. I suppose you would only need to look at the ones used by Stefano Bemer. It would be the same leather.

True. Best start slow. Who knows what the global situation will be for the rest of the year.

@Noblekostas I agree with what the boys have been saying. Narrow down the choices to a few core samples, expand only for GMTOs.

Last edited:

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Armiticos in Russian Calf / Sienna Hatchgrain made landfall ...

87D435A3-9780-4628-A91C-1C9163E1F23E.jpeg
15126C13-9A35-4BAA-AD8C-C2C43808F5E7.jpeg
4900AA8C-A90F-4C86-9581-858302EF4266.jpeg
2830531A-BF3F-4B28-BDBD-3430F3BE1F3B.jpeg
1F0F7D71-94A2-4A77-AD00-BDA297CE4501.jpeg
407E86B4-1455-4F2D-B713-02B072A60F01.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads