• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

RishaStyle

Reaction score
No no no... he mentioned that some customer has accumulated around 30 pairs of his shoes. And if you talk of Aurum/ bespoke, nowhere near his top clients like ThunderMarch and other giants here.

I contact him electronically, but he seemed rather more busy in the past few days. Will update you guys once I hear from him.

I did manage to get in touch with Antonio few days ago. He informed me that he has been very busy the last few days due to the large number of bespoke, mto and mtm orders he has been working on simultaneously. i have reached out to him regarding his instagram page but havent heard back. If its hacked, im sure he is trying to resolve it. Terrible thing to happen to anyone.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I reached out yesterday to the via on the Hastatus 2 GMTO and haven' heard back. Has anyone else received any shipping information from that order? I know a couple here have received their pairs.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely the account was hijacked. Most combinations and deviations of the name have as well.

Not in the upper digits of ownership of his shoes, but I am definitely one of the guilty parties holding him up in regards to Aurum and Bespoke. ?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have never gotten AM lasted shoe tree (had too many from prior other acquisition) though looks like my next pair would probably have to include it, how are they, pretty standard affair just look prettier?

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never gotten AM lasted shoe tree (had too many from prior other acquisition) though looks like my next pair would probably have to include it, how are they, pretty standard affair just look prettier?

Since they didn't peak the heal I got an offer of a remake or free lasted shoe trees. I should soon find out. Unfortunately my size isn't in their standard offerings, so that probably explains some of the delay.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score

1. They are not hollowed and are quite heavy. In fact heavier than the shoe itself.

2. They fit quite well especially at the heel, and also almost too well to the toe - I need to ventilate my shoes before putting them in to avoid moisture making the tree mouldy.

3. Having said that, I have always bought them with my AM shoes since they stretch the shoes to reduce wrinkles without changing the original shape (perfect fit), and are very useful should I need to modify minor things on the fit (like the heel protuberance thing).

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way made the visit to SB on UES today, they’re slicker than AM in some way but not feel as substantial as AM, I have zero expertise to tell if they’re better but think I’ll stick with AM for now

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way made the visit to SB on UES today, they’re slicker than AM in some way but not feel as substantial as AM, I have zero expertise to tell if they’re better but think I’ll stick with AM for now

What's SB on UES?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
By the way, Antonio confirmed that his account was hacked. He tried to report it to Instagram but obviously their automatic response system didn’t help much.

@ThunderMarch has written a letter to Instagram to urge them to rectify the situation:

Dear Sir / Mdm,

I would like to report an account being hacked. The original account handle was
"a.meccariello". This actually belonged to a renowned and respected Italian shoemaker.

He can be contacted at the following email: [email protected]
Tel: 347 6001715

The original account was violated and hacked on the evening of 19th February 2020.

The hacker has been changing the handle constantly and has deleted hundreds of posts.

Hopefully you will be able to intervene before everything is lost.

The current handle (changed by the hacker) is:

https://www.instagram.com/mlsaydiz/?hl=it

The handle the hacker used before this was:

peoplealways_talk

The ardent menswear community is hoping you will be able to assist in the recovery of this account.

Kind regards,
Winston

Antonio has tried paying the ransom money, and obviously the hackers wanted more and the @a.meccariello account with all the photos was still held hostage.

If you know anyone in the industry who can help, please do not hesistate to let Antonio know by email. He reads this thread as well.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, Antonio confirmed that his account was hacked. He tried to report it to Instagram but obviously their automatic response system didn’t help much.

@ThunderMarch has written a letter to Instagram to urge them to rectify the situation:

Dear Sir / Mdm,

I would like to report an account being hacked. The original account handle was
"a.meccariello". This actually belonged to a renowned and respected Italian shoemaker.

He can be contacted at the following email: [email protected]
Tel: 347 6001715

The original account was violated and hacked on the evening of 19th February 2020.

The hacker has been changing the handle constantly and has deleted hundreds of posts.

Hopefully you will be able to intervene before everything is lost.

The current handle (changed by the hacker) is:

https://www.instagram.com/mlsaydiz/?hl=it

The handle the hacker used before this was:

peoplealways_talk

The ardent menswear community is hoping you will be able to assist in the recovery of this account.

Kind regards,
Winston

Antonio has tried paying the ransom money, and obviously the hackers wanted more and the @a.meccariello account with all the photos was still held hostage.

If you know anyone in the industry who can help, please do not hesistate to let Antonio know by email. He reads this thread as well.

The end game of these sacks of garbage is to extort money from a man who has worked all his life to build up his business and reputation. I am sure justice will not be served, at least not to the appropriate level.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's great you made your way over. They have a fantastic setup with a great view to boot. The shoes are absolutely slicker. The silhouettes are like little masterpieces of art.

Well certainly their RTW is much better than AMs standard offerings. However if you then compare like for like (Argentum MTM, Aurum, and Bespoke) they are on par. AM edges ahead due to favorable pricing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads