• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
Did someone say soft square Centurion?

Attachments

• 62CB4493-9208-490B-84BE-A2535B71EFC1.jpeg
    62CB4493-9208-490B-84BE-A2535B71EFC1.jpeg
    660.2 KB · Views: 99

RishaStyle

Reaction score
I am really keen on getting this Argentum Dux for Yeossal short wing in Anthracite Grey. Thoughts?

im considering getting the Principes 5 in the Mayfair last. However, i dont feel too confident about the toe shape as it appears a bit pointy. I quite like the shape of my Principes in Hawksbill last. Have you compared it to the Hawksbill before?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score

demian

Reaction score
Lol.... I am also wearing my Centurion in Soft Square today!
View attachment 1321015

Though we always get something more, but I feel like AM's price has been slightly increased.Yes?
Dear I think not, indeed it seems that they are sold with a discount..at moment trough their webshop

But considering that you bought something closed to handmade shoes and not a Classic glued ,gemming good year
and also that Janus calf is normally used for bespoke or high end level shoes,
i think that 655,00 euro ,if you are ouside europe, :slayer:

compared to some other Uk makers with similar model and in gemming good year construction
at 1100-1200 pounds,is really great price ,in my opinion ..

The result is that you got a better pair of shoe, at 50% less of
emblazoned brands... so i mean that is a great and honest price .....and
Thank you for posting these because i:p
.just bought one for me in 9.5 -----that now is sold out :brick::brick:--.
a little difference .....
i'm italian ,so i paid VAT,:blush::blush::blush::blush: .

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dear I think not, indeed it seems that they are sold with a discount..at moment trough their webshop

But considering that you bought something closed to handmade shoes and not a Classic glued ,gemming good year
and also that Janus calf is normally used for bespoke or high end level shoes,
i think that 655,00 euro ,if you are ouside europe, :slayer:

compared to some other Uk makers with similar model and in gemming good year construction
at 1100-1200 pounds,is really great price ,in my opinion ..

The result is that you got a better pair of shoe, at 50% less of
emblazoned brands... so i mean that is a great and honest price .....and
Thank you for posting these because i:p
.just bought one for me in 9.5 -----that now is sold out :brick::brick:--.
a little difference .....
i'm italian ,so i paid VAT,:blush::blush::blush::blush: .

Don't get me wrong, I think that AM offers the best shoes at its price point.

I recall Aeris starts at 350 Euro (VAT excluded), and looks like all the new models are above 400 Euro right now. Some comes with patina options, some comes with shoe trees, .. etc.(that's why I say "get something more")

There's nothing wrong with AM increasing his price at this level of quality, I am simply thinking that I need to buy more before it increases more....

demian

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I think that AM offers the best shoes at its price point.

I recall Aeris starts at 350 Euro (VAT excluded), and looks like all the new models are above 400 Euro right now. Some comes with patina options, some comes with shoe trees, .. etc.(that's why I say "get something more")

There's nothing wrong with AM increasing his price at this level of quality, I am simply thinking that I need to buy more before it increases more....
yes ,i agree ? ? ...

peanutbutterjellychoo

Reaction score
im considering getting the Principes 5 in the Mayfair last. However, i dont feel too confident about the toe shape as it appears a bit pointy. I quite like the shape of my Principes in Hawksbill last. Have you compared it to the Hawksbill before?

Yes I have tried both lasts and I prefer the Mayfair. I am not a fan of banana last. Sizing is the same for both. On pointiness, I wouldn’t consider the Mayfair pointy at all

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I heard part of the reasons for more expensive Aeris was to keep the big brothers at Medallion happy - same for Yeossal which now have to call their AM shoes Y for Yeossal Prestige. If a brand keeps selling direct at a lower price on their own webshop, one can imagine retailers not getting particularly happy.

Patina option, in my view, is a nice extra to have. Especially when AM’s patina doesn’t fade or reveal white cracks easily (c.f. Bontoni, StC).

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
After 4 long days of wear, finally got a chance to shine these Aeris beauties. Not exactly a mirror shine, but a high shine was already enough to impress me of the extreme quality of the new Aeris leather - thick, supple, and creasing gracefully not unlike Argentum leather. (N.B. More than 40,000 steps in these shoes already)

B7622A79-031C-4314-906E-46D6B7DC0B4D.jpeg

8C3AB062-7486-45DC-9CCE-45B9F39006DB.jpeg

Regardless of whether you are having this model or not, the new Aeris leather is simply amazing and blows everything from Altan, Berluti (one of the reasons I like this pair so much is that Pearl Grey is actually very similar to Nero Grigio), Crockett and Jones... to Zonkey away.

When one buys Aeris, make sure you get those from the new leather ?
(Antonio and Medallion may stone me with their old Aeris/ GY stock)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads