• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
awesome stuff, AM stuff shines really well despite me never shine them (or once every 3 years...)
Thanks to his “triple box” 😂

Unfortunately, AM’s vintage and special leather collection is too rich. The only pair of triple box tanned crust shoes I still have is the Limited Edition in Instagram post #9

evo87

Reaction score
Splurged on these. Was expecting the patina to be a tad different, but absolutely love the shoes.
1000010611.jpg
1000010612.jpg

evo87

Reaction score
Beautiful shoes! Is that caffe tostato? What difference in the patina were you expecting/hoping for?
Thanks! Spot on. Coffee tostato.
I was expecting the red undertones that I saw on the website to be more pronounced. The shoes are quite dark and brown as is, but they really come to life with some sunshine.

bmckendr

Reaction score
Thanks! Spot on. Coffee tostato.
I was expecting the red undertones that I saw on the website to be more pronounced. The shoes are quite dark and brown as is, but they really come to life with some sunshine.
I see. Makes sense, and actually one of the things that I’ve been waffling back and forth. The plethora of good choices combined with the anxiety over photo vs reality color appearance have me paralyzed from making a final decision.

I’ve now been back and forth between Decurion 3 and Decanus the past few months.

And as to color: Oxblood? One of the special vintage annonay ”deep burgundy’s”? Or a nice rich brown?

And if brown- baby box caffe or the Noce antico? Or something custom?6

I think I want something just a *little* less dark brown than the toasted coffee, a lighter shade of dark brown/darker end of medium brown. Not orange or tan, a nice rich brown with subdued red undertone.

Or, do I be happy with what I already have and take the wife to the Maldives?

Decisions decision…

evangel21

Reaction score
I see. Makes sense, and actually one of the things that I’ve been waffling back and forth. The plethora of good choices combined with the anxiety over photo vs reality color appearance have me paralyzed from making a final decision.

I’ve now been back and forth between Decurion 3 and Decanus the past few months.

And as to color: Oxblood? One of the special vintage annonay ”deep burgundy’s”? Or a nice rich brown?

And if brown- baby box caffe or the Noce antico? Or something custom?6

I think I want something just a *little* less dark brown than the toasted coffee, a lighter shade of dark brown/darker end of medium brown. Not orange or tan, a nice rich brown with subdued red undertone.

Or, do I be happy with what I already have and take the wife to the Maldives?

Decisions decision…
You can consider AM’s melagrano. More mid brown with an orange tone.

IMG_6716.jpeg

bmckendr

Reaction score
Those are beautiful shoes, and while the melograno is a spectacular color, ultimately much more orange and less brown than I am envisioning for this shoe.

Thank you for the suggestion!

evo87

Reaction score
Agreed. My other pair of AM is in melograno and it is much lighter and slightly orange. For the record, this is what I was expecting:

1000008705.png

evangel21

Reaction score
No worries. Melagrano isn’t for everyone given its orange tones.

The caffe tostao is a nice color. Probably might be a tad darker than what you’d like. But I’d go for that for my first AM pair if I can turn back time.
The problem with AM photos is they can be to look darker than real life.

Those are beautiful shoes, and while the melograno is a spectacular color, ultimately much more orange and less brown than I am envisioning for this shoe.

Thank you for the suggestion!
o woo

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member