• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Adhazem

Reaction score
Is it an MTM with his fancy horse shoe heel?
yessir!

1E9A844D-27D5-43D4-9C81-6B01C8B8F6FF.jpeg

5C77F0F6-B449-498A-A4DA-EBD9ED40CCE3.jpeg

This is my pair. My own last based on extensive measurements. He offers trial shoes for $50 but didn’t think we needed them. He did enclose the foot impression thing for me to use and mail back for the next commission. He thought that would be a good way to perfect fitment even more.

ajay199127

Reaction score
Looks like split toe with pie crust apron single monk seems to be the flavor of the season. 😃

Adhazem

Reaction score
Looks like split toe with pie crust apron single monk seems to be the flavor of the season. 😃
Haha I guess. I ordered them in November if I recall. Very similar to a pair I found on his gram. I don’t have anything like that in my collection.

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
16B2D742-340F-4620-9755-CBD88199BFC4.jpeg

Apologies to the pro loafer team.
I have seen the error of my ways.

It’s hotter than the devil’s backside where I am now and lace ups just won’t do it.

Crockett & Jones was just around the corner, so here we go, my first pair of loafers. Quite like them so far, makes a world of difference when one is walking around all day in smoldering heat.

Last edited:

ajay199127

Reaction score
View attachment 1793284

It’s hotter than the devil’s backside where I am now and lace ups just won’t do it.

Crockett & Jones was just around the corner, so here we go, my first pair of loafers. Quite like them so far, makes a world of difference when one is walking around all day in smoldering heat.
so you went from hating suede to buying 2 in 2 weeks :D

But, suede has a way to sway people, you are not to blame :D

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1793284

so you went from hating suede to buying 2 in 2 weeks :D

But, suede has a way to sway people, you are not to blame :D
@ajay199127 Don't let him off the hook that easily. He hated NOT ONLY suede but loafers as well. He did the 2 for 1 special here with this purchase.

Welcome to the loafer team sir @ViaSartoria. What you will find is these loafers in this color and leather are quite versatile. I don't actually own string loafers, but they are essentially like most other loafer options.

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
@ajay199127 Don't let him off the hook that easily. He hated NOT ONLY suede but loafers as well. He did the 2 for 1 special here with this purchase.

Welcome to the loafer team sir @ViaSartoria. What you will find is these loafers in this color and leather are quite versatile. I don't actually own string loafers, but they are essentially like most other loafer options.
Thank you sir.
It was actually beneficial to be able to try all the models and be confident of the fit.

This string loafer and a penny loafer fit me best, decided on this because it suited my wardrobe better. But I’d have been happy with either.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir.
It was actually beneficial to be able to try all the models and be confident of the fit.

This string loafer and a penny loafer fit me best, decided on this because it suited my wardrobe better. But I’d have been happy with either.
CJ, imo, offers the best RTW loafers. Not so much because they look so great, or have the best craftsmanship, or that their quality is off the charts. More so because they offer a neutral enough loafer last which fit a wide variety of feet, whilst delivering a nice enough looking last.

As mentioned, good pick up and you can expect to get some usage from that pair👍🏻.

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
CJ, imo, offers the best RTW loafers. Not so much because they look so great, or have the best craftsmanship, or that their quality is off the charts. More so because they offer a neutral enough loafer last which fit a wide variety of feet, whilst delivering a nice enough looking last.

As mentioned, good pick up and you can expect to get some usage from that pair👍🏻.
Can’t argue with any of that.

Had a play with their hand grade too, quite impressed for how much shoe you get for the money. Upper quality was quite good as well in that price range.

Back to the topic of the thread, I might MTO another suede centurion from Antonio in a bit. They are phenomenal.

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1793284

Welcome to team loafers.
D30EAEA0-EC0D-4636-93EB-14D54052E109.gif

Rusty1960

Reaction score
At around the 3 minute mark, or forward, is what you should be looking at. And, give our buddy David a like and subscribe .

I do subscribe and follow David’s videos. Thanks to him I discovered AM, Acme and Mason & Smith. My wallet is lighter, but I am happy. Removing the trees are a struggle and take a few minutes per shoe.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do subscribe and follow David’s videos. Thanks to him I discovered AM, Acme and Mason & Smith. My wallet is lighter, but I am happy. Removing the trees are a struggle and take a few minutes per shoe.
Really? If you perform that subtle twist and pull, they go in and come pretty quickly,
as demonstrated by DL120 (or Shells) videos.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can’t argue with any of that.

Had a play with their hand grade too, quite impressed for how much shoe you get for the money. Upper quality was quite good as well in that price range.
That CJ handgrade leather is incredibly nice. The benchgrade is pretty solid as well. Provided you can pick up a pair on sale, even full price depending on the shoe, CJ offers a darn good value across their lines.

Featured Sponsor

What's the biggest deciding factor for you when making a clothing purchase?

• Style of an item

• Price of an item

• Material of an item

• Brand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MensuRai