• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

striker

Reaction score
I very much prefer the fake laces in terms of aesthetics. However, some hate it and find it gets in the way when polishing and cleaning.

Since you are already getting a trial shoe without the laces, maybe the actual pair can have laces just for a change. Just my worthless 2 cents.

Last edited:

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I prefer them because it at least gives the illusion of normal dress shoes. (also as I'm not a huge fan of loafers)
That has historically been the way I felt too, but stylistically I can't help feel like the open space gives more balance to the overall look, especially with a front medallion.

I will consider them for my main pair after I spend some time with the trial pair.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a pair of the faux laced lazyman shoes from Anthony Cleverly that I haven't worn yet.

Azzuraa

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The last shape looks really nice.
Faux laces to the shoes does give you a formal look. Are they hand burnished?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The last shape looks really nice.
Faux laces to the shoes does give you a formal look. Are they hand burnished?

I agree. A normal side elastic style is just like a loafer in my mind, but a proper Lazy Man Oxford is a dress shoe.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

You guys getting your shoes ideas from the Japanese Shoe Appreciation thread?  haha

Japanese bespoke is my main source of inspiration for over a year now. Awesome stuff rolling our from the region lately.

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was actually the Barclay. Image is from somewhere else on SF.

What is everyone's opinion on the fake laces?

I think I prefer them because it at least gives the illusion of normal dress shoes. (also as I'm not a huge fan of loafers)

I love the lazyman oxford and that's actually what I'm planning for my next shoe from Antonio. It is the ultimate shoe for the lazy person (read: me) who still wants to look formal. Justin the Shoe Snob ***** on them, but pay no mind to him.

I agree that they look great like that! I love the mimicking of the lacing because I am not a fan of loafers either. This slip-on style with the semi-covered side gussets really helps the style!

Azzuraa

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Haha this was one certainly japanese styled.

So what is the thought on the medallion then if I go with the laces?

Also any examples of well done laces?

Japanese shoe thread is an inspiration for those who want to expertise in shoe making. We also have grown following the advices of @nutcracker and is truly an icon.

I personally will go with the medallion as it adds to look and feel of the shoe. Also it looks a bit sophisticated.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Japanese shoe thread is an inspiration for those who want to expertise in shoe making. We also have grown following the advices of @nutcracker and is truly an icon.

I personally will go with the medallion as it adds to look and feel of the shoe. Also it looks a bit sophisticated.

I think that a medallion as in this pair works well for a wingtip of this style. I think that it can go either way for one that is a cap toe. If it is a smooth leather I would say medallion and if it is textured leather like the earlier posted pair by GG, then it is fine without it.

Just my 2 cents!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone know what the typical time from payment --> trial shoe is? Just wondering what the normal production times are

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the typical time from payment --> trial shoe is? Just wondering what the normal production times are

Expect 3 months give or take.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads