• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
At some point, you have to decide if you trust Antonio enough to risk it. I've already paid for my next shoes by wire, and look forward to receiving them. For whatever reason it all goes belly up, I'd accept that I took the risk. Even with paypal, when you deal with unscrupulous types who mess you around for months on end, you can still end up being burnt.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At some point, you have to decide if you trust Antonio enough to risk it. I've already paid for my next shoes by wire, and look forward to receiving them. For whatever reason it all goes belly up, I'd accept that I took the risk. Even with paypal, when you deal with unscrupulous types who mess you around for months on end, you can still end up being burnt.

I'm not worried about it at all. I was just curious since people seemed to not like the idea of wire transfer. I can imagine that it takes a bit longer to set up the payment than Credit card or paypal, but Antonio has a very good name around here and I think that he can be trusted.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He does not use paypal because they require a proof of shipping from Italian merchants. Since he makes the products custom this cannot be ready in time.

A wire is no big deal, the fees can be annoying if your bank doesnt use them for free. You can use my transferwire referral to get a free wire transfer if you want. Even after that they give you a better rate that cancels out the cost of the transfer.

I can't wait for a service like Venmo to spread internationally.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He does not use paypal because they require a proof of shipping from Italian merchants. Since he makes the products custom this cannot be ready in time.

A wire is no big deal, the fees can be annoying if your bank doesnt use them for free. You can use my transferwire referral to get a free wire transfer if you want. Even after that they give you a better rate that cancels out the cost of the transfer.

I can't wait for a service like Venmo to spread internationally.

Nice! Thanks and I'm sure that many people will take you up on that now!

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, it's not to don't trust him, just the extra fee, time involved, and contacting me bank etc.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I do the wire online. There's a few more things to fill in but it takes less than five minutes.

fllick

Reaction score
I'm going to re-post these just because they are so damn beautiful. It was the pair that first made me notice Meccariello as a shoemaker. Still one of the most beautiful pairs I've seen from his workshop so far:
Is there a side profile photo of this shoe? Looks amazing!

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that isn't bad at all then.
Yes exactly.

The only frustrating part can be the fee schedule. If you use a credit card through western union there is an additional $50 fee. On top of that you usually get about -5% away from EUR/USD Spot. I spent a huge amount of time trying to find a better solution, but up until about a year ago you just had to deal with the rate rip off.

It is an interesting life lesson actually. If you rip people off for enough money eventually they will get pissed off and start something better.

/rant

But if you have any questions about the forms and IBAN ect feel free to PM me.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes exactly.

The only frustrating part can be the fee schedule. If you use a credit card through western union there is an additional $50 fee. On top of that you usually get about -5% away from EUR/USD Spot. I spent a huge amount of time trying to find a better solution, but up until about a year ago you just had to deal with the rate rip off.

It is an interesting life lesson actually. If you rip people off for enough money eventually they will get pissed off and start something better.

/rant

But if you have any questions about the forms and IBAN ect feel free to PM me.

thanks for the offer and I'm sure that there will be a few here who will be taking you up on that. I will be too, when I am going to get a pair. I have too many other pairs in the works, so I will wait until all of that is taken care of first.

sd2002

Reaction score

New arrival from antonio

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Very nice!

I just sent feedback on my test shoes to Antonio and he'll be starting work on my final pair soon. Can't wait.

I'm already thinking of my next makeup and I'm wondering if Antonio has an aggressive almond-toe last? Something similar to Bestetti's almond last or Bonafe's 804 last. I don't recall seeing any on his Tumblr. Anybody know?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads