• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am neither baller, nor shot caller... this is just my second pair. Ordered Oct-5. On its way at 16 weeks as promised.
Nice pair! That last looks pretty interesting - Will be curious to get your fit feedback once they're in hand.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m really interested in that last too, I was pretty set on Mayfair 2 for almond last now I guess another option to consider

and this is Mayfair 2

styleophile

Reaction score
I will let you all know. I owe gratitude to several on the forum to help me refine my choices ?
For context, for my shoes the maestro uses the M 263 last which less volume in vamp + instep and heel cup. He recommended it for my first pair. It worked like a charm?
So, my pair is built with the Aurum Almond toe shape (M27) with adjustments for toe room, low vamp/ instep and heel cup.

styleophile

Reaction score
What’s M263?

From what Angela and Antonio told me, this is a last they created, perhaps for Medallion... I am not sure. It accommodates low volume feet, and lower arch/ instep.

Since I didn't have the wherewithal to go full Aurum and bespoke last, this last in their 'library' best fit my measurements.

unprocessed

Reaction score
From what Angela and Antonio told me, this is a last they created, perhaps for Medallion... I am not sure. It accommodates low volume feet, and lower arch/ instep.

Since I didn't have the wherewithal to go full Aurum and bespoke last, this last in their 'library' best fit my measurements.
Wondering if the look and fit would be more comparable to G&G. AM unfortunately tend to have too much instep for me and require thick tongue pads and insoles to fit.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

so @deez shoes, @Jmr928 I think one of you guys might know, is that chisel 3 or chisel 4 (and which one is suppose to be chisel M)?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chisel M is supposed to be Chisel 3. I'm still confused about the difference between chisel 3 and A207. Maybe @AngelK knows??
I’ve got chisel 3 and A207 - Whenver I can sneak to my closet and wander around in random pairs of shoes to take notes on the differences without my bride looking at me like I’m a crazy person for taking fit notes for friends on a forum I’ll do some testing and snap some side by side pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads