• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shoes83

Reaction score
but on the other hand if what I'm reading makes almost 400£ difference on a 700£ shoes, somehow I don't think I will.. (either 500 if I have to minus vat or 1000 if I have to add vat). shoes have moved to "want" category away from "need". different stuff for wardrobe is more important currently.
Jokes aside, the price shown in his case is exclusive of VAT. So you'd either pay EUR 750 (without VAT) or EUR 935 (VAT included).
Definitely not a "need" shoe either way, but a very nice "want" if you ask me.

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
but on the other hand if what I'm reading makes almost 400£ difference on a 700£ shoes, somehow I don't think I will.. (either 500 if I have to minus vat or 1000 if I have to add vat). shoes have moved to "want" category away from "need". different stuff for wardrobe is more important currently.
While everyone has their own take on what’s worth the price, in my opinion, Antonio’s handwelted Argentum range is one of the bargains in the high end shoe world. Even with VAT, it is very competitively priced compared to the competition that has a similar level of finish and uses the same quality materials. Definitely not a “Need”, neither is most of luxury.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While everyone has their own take on what’s worth the price, in my opinion, Antonio’s handwelted Argentum range is one of the bargains in the high end shoe world. Even with VAT, it is very competitively priced compared to the competition that has a similar level of finish and uses the same quality materials. Definitely not a “Need”, neither is most of luxury.
Would have to second that, although I'd amend it as

Definitely not a “Need", neither is all luxury.

Just the definition itself would eliminate the luxury category as a "need".

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Jokes aside, the price shown in his case is exclusive of VAT. So you'd either pay EUR 750 (without VAT) or EUR 935 (VAT included).
Definitely not a "need" shoe either way, but a very nice "want" if you ask me.
oh I'm not complaining about price. I'm complaining about "display" of price! :) and I hope to one day own peccary centurion. it's like one of the 3 shoe models on top of my list. just need to work trough my otherist a bunch more.

ViaSartoria

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Antonio’s Habu (061) last in the wild? I am planning a future project and this last looks perfect for it, at least judging by the pictures on his Instagram. But some real world pictures would definitely be nice.

Zaos1

Reaction score
Hello, a Little question for owners of AM shoes with patina, how do you remove creams and waxes previous a shoe shine??

i ask because I would like to apply BootBlack Two Face lotion for cleaning, but don’t know if the patina can resist the lotion, or if is better if I keep using Saddle Soap

thanks

wheresdremote

Reaction score
Hi all, how long is delivery time for AM shoes? Is their website accurate?
I would email AM if you want a more specific estimate on delivery time. In my experience, shoes come in on the longer end of the estimate listed on the website. I ordered a pair of Argentum ready-to-wear Decurion 3s in June 2021 and received them at the end of December. The website said it'd take 16-18 weeks. (Keep in mind, my delivery time to the United States includes the almost three weeks the shoes sat in Italian customs! I notice that things coming from Italy take a long time to clear.) It was worth the wait, though, for sure! And I planned the order as a Christmas gift to myself anyways.

Last edited:

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Hello, a Little question for owners of AM shoes with patina, how do you remove creams and waxes previous a shoe shine??

i ask because I would like to apply BootBlack Two Face lotion for cleaning, but don’t know if the patina can resist the lotion, or if is better if I keep using Saddle Soap

thanks
I've found it pretty resilient. Best way to remove cream and wax is with a little bit of heat such as with a hair dryer and a towel and some elbow grease.

shoes83

Reaction score
On timing, Antonio has covered some ground recently because of lockdowns, but on the other hand he started facing delays on delivery of materials, shoe trees, etc. So that has impacted the timing as well.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've found it pretty resilient. Best way to remove cream and wax is with a little bit of heat such as with a hair dryer and a towel and some elbow grease.
hair dryer can be nice and easy but got to be careful with it

ajay199127

Reaction score
Gents, I have a melograno Lucius. I tried to shine it using only renovator and neutral wax, but the patina bleeds, when I do that, actually even my museum calf bled a bit.

Would patina shoes bleed if I use neutral cream instead? Suggestions and advice please

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members