• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So chisel 3 with some type of calf?

The hide looks beautiful without any patina. Do you think Antonio will sell them like that if requested? Without patina or added waxes?
That's what it looks like to me. I agree that it looks much better without a patina (of course I would) or any waxes. Beautiful leather as is.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like finished leather, with nothing else to be done. Contrast stitching is the last step, no?
Not sure if it is at the customer's behest or in an attempt to make the leather sparkle, I notice that leathers like the one pictured are not what is delivered. Usually there's a patina done or some form of wax applied which would further alter the leather's final appearance. Of course, that is what sells shoes or receives numerous likes so it certainly makes sense to glam up the product.

Featured Sponsor

What do you spend most of your clothing budget on?

• Outerwear

• Tailoring

• Sportswear

• Footwear

• Accessories

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaeDurand