• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

bernoulli

Reaction score
His fixed costs are much lower than Carmina's. No marketing and other types of overhead, such as rent for physical stores and the labor associated with that.

Of course, his volume is also much smaller, but his break-even point is orders of magnitude smaller than that of a larger brand.

Now, I am not impliying he should keep his prices down; it is all about price-elasticity of demand and his long-term strategy. It is just that a comparison with Carmina is not the way to go.

Wow, those are Carmina prices. I don't know how he can make a profit at that price point with the handwork and Western European labor costs.

ajay199127

Reaction score
His fixed costs are much lower than Carmina's. No marketing and other types of overhead, such as rent for physical stores and the labor associated with that.

Of course, his volume is also much smaller, but his break-even point is orders of magnitude smaller than that of a larger brand.

Now, I am not impliying he should keep his prices down; it is all about price-elasticity of demand and his long-term strategy. It is just that a comparison with Carmina is not the way to go.
Plus Carmina is 341 euros for Adelaide incl of worldwide shipping, so not the same price point

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe what @otterhound is implying is not a direct comparison to Carmina, but rather what one could potentially receive for a similar price to a Carmina shoe.

Although (and @ajay199127 just mentioned it) the prices are not the same. A difference of, at least, $120 separates the two.

AM would therefore be priced to actually tackle the emerging Chinese HW makers. Most often found in the $550 range or more.

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah okay yeah that's what I thought they were, so still a $100+ gap exists between the two.
Indeed. These are priced very competitively though. About the same as CJ (again ordered from abroad not from their stockists in the US), a touch more expensive than Vass ordered direct, a touch less than the young handwelted brands from East Asia.

I see his target market as the guy who usually buys Carmina or Crockett and is looking for an upgrade or someone who has done the East Asian brands. Probably not Antonio’s existing customers who have bought Argentum but maybe I’m mistaken.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would personally stick with Argentum HW for dress shoe but if he has more casual stuff coming out from Roma might try it

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.