• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is that AM will be staying over this individual's house the next time he crosses the pond.
I mean, how else would they have lunchtime chats? ☺

LThomsen

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Looking for sizing advice from those of you who have experience with AM, Vass and/or Zonkey boot.

Looking at an AM chisel 3. Would prefer a snug fit.

UK 10 E Zonkey boot classic last oxfords are a snug fit for me.

EU 45 Vass U last has a slight heel slip.

Would you guys recommend a UK 10 E or UK 10.5 E on the chisel 3?

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Looking for sizing advice from those of you who have experience with AM, Vass and/or Zonkey boot.

Looking at an AM chisel 3. Would prefer a snug fit.

UK 10 E Zonkey boot classic last oxfords are a snug fit for me.

EU 45 Vass U last has a slight heel slip.

Would you guys recommend a UK 10 E or UK 10.5 E on the chisel 3?
I don’t think anyone has taken delivery of their chisel 3s yet to be able to say anything other than what Antonio told us which is it’s an extra 3-4MM longer from chisel 2.

AgentGary

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has taken delivery of their chisel 3s yet to be able to say anything other than what Antonio told us which is it’s an extra 3-4MM longer from chisel 2.
Heard someone getting a chisel 4 before end of this year. What a legend...

DL120

Reaction score
Good grief. You definitely aren't being moved front of the line like another gentleman on here. I won't say his name but it's Clee.

2 years waiting so they are Arg. HW MTM, Aurum, or Bespoke?
Only because it took a while to get the right shells he was satisfied with for the upper. So 2 years from the time of us starting designing the project. Not 2 years from purchase. Most of that was due to waiting for the last, first centurion he’s made on this last, first patina done on shell since he did the centurion 3-4 years ago. So a lot of testing and planing and designing required. Not a lot of waiting just a lot of work that is going into the pair.

I don’t really like talking about the special treatment or lack of special treatment. Everyone has their own relationship with the maker. But we talk often throughout the day, built a great relationship that I genuinely value beyond any shoe.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only because it took a while to get the right shells he was satisfied with for the upper. So 2 years from the time of us starting designing the project. Not 2 years from purchase. Most of that was due to waiting for the last, first centurion he’s made on this last, first patina done on shell since he did the centurion 3-4 years ago. So a lot of testing and planing and designing required. Not a lot of waiting just a lot of work that is going into the pair.

I don’t really like talking about the special treatment or lack of special treatment. Everyone has their own relationship with the maker. But we talk often throughout the day, built a great relationship that I genuinely value beyond any shoe.
Well then that's an entirely different situation. I am within the two year waiting period folk. Which, as mentioned, does not bother me.

acapaca

Reaction score
I'm curious if you are intentionally leaving them laced loosely during the break-in period, so that they don't end too full in the instep? Because if not, I'm wondering if maybe those aren't just a half-size too small for you, given the other issues with the right heel and the toecap and so on? I'm curious whether you would size up if you had to do it again. (And I forgot if you mentioned how you sized these relative to other brands, but would be appreciative of a reminder.)

I hope they continue to feel 'more better' every time. They look fantastic, and I am supremely jealous. :)

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.