• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

shoes83

Reaction score
True, but there are salesmen and salesmen. It's not me saying it!
BTW, I love how this thread has all sorts of topics embedded with AM... 😂
That said, I promise I will stop going off-topic and back to admiring these beautiful shoes.
@clee1982, let's make your latest GMTO idea happen!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True, but there are salesmen and salesmen. It's not me saying it!
Can't argue with any of those mentioned in the article.

I have more faith in my local weather girl being more reliable and accurate than my Congressman. She also, at least, looks amazing in a short tight dress. She could tell me there's no rain while there's a thunderstorm outside and I'd just nod along like a bobblehead doll.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTW, I love how this thread has all sorts of topics embedded with AM... 😂
That said, I promise I will stop going off-topic and back to admiring these beautiful shoes.
@clee1982, let's make your latest GMTO idea happen!
imperator in vintage annoy burgendy calf anyone? 😍

shoes83

Reaction score
imperator in vintage annoy burgendy calf anyone? 😍
I don't know, it's not looking very promising given no answers all day?
Maybe we should use our negotiating skills and convince Antonio to waive the fees just for the two of us? 😜

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know, it's not looking very promising given no answers all day?
Maybe we should use our negotiating skills and convince Antonio to waive the fees just for the two of us? 😜
With the special treatment @clee1982 receives, I don't think you'll have any issues. However, you can expect for @clee1982 to receive his pair 6-8 months before the rest of the group. 😁

andreasky

Reaction score
I was looking for information on AM sole thickness for Argentum and Argentum Handwelted. Do you know them? Thanks

Zerase

Reaction score
Speaking of Sweden - Did The Sabot close?
I believe Erik, one of the guys behind the brand, had it as a side project. I believe he wrote something about them taking a break due to COVID but will come back once they have the time and energy again. Or something in the lines of what I just wrote.

Proleet

Reaction score
I believe Erik, one of the guys behind the brand, had it as a side project. I believe he wrote something about them taking a break due to COVID but will come back once they have the time and energy again. Or something in the lines of what I just wrote.
i purchased my first pair of AM through them. After they dropped AM it always felt they had too many gaps in their offering; some limited options from Joeworks and their own brand also seemed a bit basic given the price compared to other new brands such as soh or TLB

LKittelb

Reaction score
Sizing Question: Im looking at buying that RTW dark brown suede Equites on the soft square last, wondering about sizing. I own an Oxford on the argentum round last, and an Aires loafer on an obscure almond last that I think is based on the B last, both in size 8UK. the Oxford is a pretty good fit overall, just the right amount of room in the toe box, but a bit tight on the instep. the laces don't close all the way, and I still get a bit of pressure/pain in that area after a long day. compared to a pair of Bemers I own, which close immaculately at the laces, the AMs are tight. For the loafer, its a bit loose, but I think if it was an Oxford it would fit perfectly, should I size up to 8.5 uk in the soft square, or maintain 8 uk? anyone have thoughts from experience?

also, does anyone know what the deal is with lasted shoe trees? I've been on the lookout for a pair to purchase for my oxfords for like a year and a half, and they have never been restocked on the website. I have a J Fitzpatrick shoe tree that fits it pretty well, but if im going to make a purchase of another pair, it would be nice to have a lasted tree. has anyone had luck with emailing prior to purchase?

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Sizing Question: Im looking at buying that RTW dark brown suede Equites on the soft square last, wondering about sizing. I own an Oxford on the argentum round last, and an Aires loafer on an obscure almond last that I think is based on the B last, both in size 8UK. the Oxford is a pretty good fit overall, just the right amount of room in the toe box, but a bit tight on the instep. the laces don't close all the way, and I still get a bit of pressure/pain in that area after a long day. compared to a pair of Bemers I own, which close immaculately at the laces, the AMs are tight. For the loafer, its a bit loose, but I think if it was an Oxford it would fit perfectly, should I size up to 8.5 uk in the soft square, or maintain 8 uk? anyone have thoughts from experience?

also, does anyone know what the deal is with lasted shoe trees? I've been on the lookout for a pair to purchase for my oxfords for like a year and a half, and they have never been restocked on the website. I have a J Fitzpatrick shoe tree that fits it pretty well, but if im going to make a purchase of another pair, it would be nice to have a lasted tree. has anyone had luck with emailing prior to purchase?
About shoe trees. I was complaining to him on WhatsApp that even if he says he has trees, webpage says it’s out of stock, before shipping shoes he just sent me a link for a shoe tree add on (tried to look for it but all I could see before morning coffe is boot tree), I paid for it and got trees!

shoes83

Reaction score
About shoe trees. I was complaining to him on WhatsApp that even if he says he has trees, webpage says it’s out of stock, before shipping shoes he just sent me a link for a shoe tree add on (tried to look for it but all I could see before morning coffe is boot tree), I paid for it and got trees!
I had this issue of seeing shoe trees out of stock. Upon asking Angela, she confirmed availability and told me to use this generic link:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy