• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

ajay199127

Reaction score
what’s your fit issue again, chisel 2 is a bit longer than soft square (hence for me more room in toebox), so if soft square fits, you could just take same size for chisel 2 (or you want to size down to UK 7.5 for chisel 2 and worry it might be too tight? This looking for size down but wider fit?)

I like my shoes squeezing me (no pun intended) withourtechnically sizing up for AM, cause am a natural 7.5UK
I state 7.5UK only because Carmina Rain is 7.5 and Simpson is 8.
So I presume the extra width on the chisel 2 in 7.5 May just be the perfect fit i hypothesis about.
I envision the same features of a tight heel, tight arch, same instep but just with an additional toe space because of the extra width

ajay199127

Reaction score
M
My recommendation is to write to Angela. Provide her the measurements A, B, C that they list on the website for your sizing reference and see what she thinks. I've done it a couple of times and it's been super helpful.

My ABC recommends UK8 and the same was advised for my valerius 8 Soft square.
But my current pursuit is as mentioned above/below

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you go for wider fit pretty sure both the toe and heel would be wider, not just toebox

shoes83

Reaction score
M

My ABC recommends UK8 and the same was advised for my valerius 8 Soft square.
But my current pursuit is as mentioned above/below
I agree with @clee1982. Personally my main concern with going wider would be the heels as you'd have more width there as well.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Y

You just crushed my non bespoke price tag dream shoe fitting ??

Jk, thank uou

you can talk to AM though (something like wider in toe but not wider in heel), though I assume that put you in single MTO price+last adjustment rather than his RTW price

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can talk to AM though (something like wider in toe but not wider in heel), though I assume that put you in single MTO price+last adjustment rather than his RTW price
Last adjustment isn’t too expensive and a full personalized last is pretty reasonable as well. If you email Angela she can walk you through the various options based on what you need tweaked.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last adjustment isn’t too expensive and a full personalized last is pretty reasonable as well. If you email Angela she can walk you through the various options based on what you need tweaked.

you can do last adjustment on RTW as well or only MTO?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can do last adjustment on RTW as well or only MTO?
It depends - You can do some minor stuff as RTW (.25 sizes for sure) - I was recommended +/- .25 sizing, width and instep and it was a small up charge.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have often seen the customers stating that a +/- 0.25 sizing would make the shoes fit like a glove including yourself. So, why wouldn't anyone opt for their TTS with F width?

I own the Birch soft square AM acquired via @DonRaphael UK8 (which is specific last for SABOT with a higher instep based on what I was told by Angela) and then a Valerius uk8 in the soft square which fits me much better than the former.

I am eyeing a chisel1 or chisel2 and based on what I have seen so far, it's much more accommodating in the toe box with the same instep as a soft square.

So, should I go for a width F TTS Chisel or are there any members who've received shoes from Meccariello that are in 0.25 sizes as well?

Your thoughts, please.
I decided that I am satisfied with 0.5 larger than my usual UK (I have a little wider foot too) and if the fiddleback doesn’t settle use the tongue pads which work great so far

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally received my Hastatus in Chisel 2 from FineShoesHK (Vietnam customs is slow), and I'm delighted that they seem to fit fine in UK 7. Definitely snug across the joints right now, but I expect they'll break in nicely. I wish I had ordered the Elios boot in 7 as well, but so it goes.

I have to admit that I was surprised when my foot fit okay inside the size 7, because the shoe just looked pretty dainty as compared to most others I have. The OctTenth I have in the Huang last in size 7, for example, looks like it could bully the Chisel 2 into submission. (And fits considerably more voluminous on the whole, especially in the instep.) But I guess that sleekness is in all the right places.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At fear of being bummed for missing out, were there any UK9 for sale?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Centurion and Decanus maybe but don't recall. Everything went really quickly and by the time I changed my mind and went to add a second pair like 30 minutes later it was all sold out.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I finally received my Hastatus in Chisel 2 from FineShoesHK (Vietnam customs is slow), and I'm delighted that they seem to fit fine in UK 7. Definitely snug across the joints right now, but I expect they'll break in nicely. I wish I had ordered the Elios boot in 7 as well, but so it goes.

I have to admit that I was surprised when my foot fit okay inside the size 7, because the shoe just looked pretty dainty as compared to most others I have. The OctTenth I have in the Huang last in size 7, for example, looks like it could bully the Chisel 2 into submission. (And fits considerably more voluminous on the whole, especially in the instep.) But I guess that sleekness is in all the right places.

pictures?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Centurion and Decanus maybe but don't recall. Everything went really quickly and by the time I changed my mind and went to add a second pair like 30 minutes later it was all sold out.

yup, it sold out pretty quickly, once the link was out, I feel like less than half day more less all gone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics