• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see how a GMTO makes most sense as a boot: since the regular Centurion can be configured to taste on the website. I did not see Kudu as an option though. I am sure that is just a matter of speaking with Angela.

I wasn't quite as keen on the full boot à la GG Thorpe/ EG Nevis. I did notice this makeup on Antonio's instagram, which piqued my interest

In.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see how a GMTO makes most sense as a boot: since the regular Centurion can be configured to taste on the website. I did not see Kudu as an option though. I am sure that is just a matter of speaking with Angela.

I wasn't quite as keen on the full boot à la GG Thorpe/ EG Nevis. I did notice this makeup on Antonio's instagram, which piqued my interest

I would be so in for this boot!

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the model, but I dont think the chain stitch suits the beauty of such a refined bootie. Would you guys still be in for a pig leather upper and leather outsoles?. :cool:

styleophile

Reaction score
I absolutely love this leather. Any particular reason why you are not going this route? Already own it?

I have no experience with either Kudu or Russian calf. Without much data or facts, it just seemed to me, that Russian Calf was the leather du jour and kudu was less... oversubscribed and sustainable.

That said, I respect your experience and opinion. I will give some thought to inquiring about staying close to the Insta design. I like the look of a pie crust apron vs. stitching in the picture. I could forgo the braiding in the interest of making the shoe a bit more versatile for business use.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be cautious about Baker's Rusian calf. I have a pending order with a different maker that was supposed to be made with that leather but I had to change the leather when I learned about the quality of the hide that he received....

(*I finally learned how to post a vid here lol)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with either Kudu or Russian calf. Without much data or facts, it just seemed to me, that Russian Calf was the leather du jour and kudu was less... oversubscribed and sustainable.

That said, I respect your experience and opinion. I will give some thought to inquiring about staying close to the Insta design. I like the look of a pie crust apron vs. stitching in the picture. I could forgo the braiding in the interest of making the shoe a bit more versatile for business use.
Bakker Russian is a no go as I understand it. We can do a different leather though

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well as you can see, experiences do vary haha.

I have a pair of Winson boots which turned out extremely well. I also have a wallet from Equus using the Baker's. Both are ??.

There's the Horween Russian version, but that one requires more maintenance than either the Kudu, Pigskin, and Baker's.

If you want to get a GMTO going, I'm sure it would not take much cajoling if you opt for the Pigskin. AM makes some beauties using that leather, and either shoes, chukks, or boots would look great.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pigskin is very durable and gets a good shine. The shoes with that leather that AM, Cleverly or GG uses look great.

I'd add Stefano Bemer to that list as well. Just a beautiful pair they made here.

Screenshot_20210131-174017_Chrome.jpg

As mentioned, you do indeed get a nice soft shine with Pigskin. Rather easily I may add, but hard as ol Holy hell to get a mirror shine. Honestly though, don't need it. Those silly waxes just cover up the beauty of this leather.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
I would be cautious about Baker's Rusian calf. I have a pending order with a different maker that was supposed to be made with that leather but I had to change the leather when I learned about the quality of the hide that he received....

(*I finally learned how to post a vid here lol)
please don't scare me... I have russian calf incoming from Antonio!

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone cares, I asked for the payment invoice for the Equites but got no reply after a short exchange so I decided to drop out. I bought GameStop stocks instead and made a profit :p

The one leather I am obsessed about is Mountain Ram these days I want to see it in a full shoe or something.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That norvegese boot is on an old last. Antonio recommended it on Mayfair 2. Anyone have anything on this last?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, never got disappointed with any leather from AM

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads