• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is soft.
Works great on the low-pro sneakers though.

The CXL definitely is great for a pair of sneakers or possibly even loafers. It is very forgiving. I had (maybe still do) a pair of boots that stretched a considerable amount. Did you find the sneakers to fit or feel any bigger?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The CXL definitely is great for a pair of sneakers or possibly even loafers. It is very forgiving. I had (maybe still do) a pair of boots that stretched a considerable amount. Did you find the sneakers to fit or feel any bigger?
That pair was the only Gustin shoes I've ordered, and their size 8 was slightly bigger than a normal 8 to me.
They wear great though, and very comfortable.
I haven't noticed any stretching, and that leather never seems to lose it's glorious scent.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That pair was the only Gustin shoes I've ordered, and their size 8 was slightly bigger than a normal 8 to me.
They wear great though, and very comfortable.
I haven't noticed any stretching, and that leather never seems to lose it's glorious scent.

That's great. Mines started very tight but has stretched a bit. Not to where they have loosen considerably, but just a touch. Scratches rather easily for some odd reason, or should I say the scratches are more visible.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's great. Mines started very tight but has stretched a bit. Not to where they have loosen considerably, but just a touch. Scratches rather easily for some odd reason, or should I say the scratches are more visible.
Lol..
Yeah, that leather has kind of a thick lard coating on it, so the scratches are like running your finger along the top of a cake.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol..
Yeah, that leather has kind of a thick lard coating on it, so the scratches are like running your finger along the top of a cake.

Yeah its that tanning process where they stuff it with oil then sealed off preserving the fats. Then it's oiled again before the shoemaking companies receive it. Feels like a beautiful smelling greasy mess haha.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of which, anyone has pics of the burgundy color he offers in the wild?

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily "in the wild" but here you go....

DSC_0372~2.JPG
DSC_0374~2.JPG

unprocessed

Reaction score

You can really get whatever shade you want if you send them photos of what you’re looking for. He’s even completely recolored RTW for me in the past. He does an amazing job with the patina. Here’s my pair of burgundy oxfords.

Attachments

• 2E199556-2AB4-4568-BEBD-FCE935BBD9AB.jpeg
    2E199556-2AB4-4568-BEBD-FCE935BBD9AB.jpeg
    218.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 155EC3FA-2E72-4493-A0FF-61005964EC7E.jpeg
    155EC3FA-2E72-4493-A0FF-61005964EC7E.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 91

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yea, if you want a particular color he would give you that, then you can always ask him, to go a bit darker, or a lot darker etc...

4r36

Reaction score
A few days ago I saw the following picture of this pair of boot by G&G (the name of the model is Thorpe if I'm not mistaken):
EsMaBV_XUAM7TiI.jpg

Since I really like them, I've started phantasizing about what Antonio could do. Long story short, I asked Angela whether it's possible to have the boot version of these, by adding a 360 Norwegian construction:
39942075_307926416606122_2992988480287711387_n.jpg

I think the result would be stunning. The problem is the price, as she told me the norwegian can be done only on Aurum. Of course, I could leave the Norwegian aside and just going with argentum or handwelted, but I wouldn't get what I really want ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads