• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
all you guys doing light color are next level from me...

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just placed my order for this GMTO, who else is in?

AM's RTW doesn't work well on me so I asked him if I can use my personal last on it, AM said he will give it a try, if it doesn't require additional work on the patterning he will do it.

Wanted a light color so I went with the Chiaccio color, a bit nervous as I am not exactly sure how it would look like and how to pair it up with0.0
I fully intend to be in, but I haven't placed the order yet. Is the Chiaccio the color in the picture? I think that's probably the one I want, but I'm tempted by the taupe as well. Were you the one who got swatches? Do we know what tannery the suede is from?

I'm also wondering about that sole (I don't see any information on it), and if there are any options to change it.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
probably not yet for me, would welcome a few more fit guide on this new last, then this last on split toe on smooth calf (instead of chisel 2 or soft square) would probably be my route

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just placed my order for this GMTO, who else is in?

AM's RTW doesn't work well on me so I asked him if I can use my personal last on it, AM said he will give it a try, if it doesn't require additional work on the patterning he will do it.

Wanted a light color so I went with the Chiaccio color, a bit nervous as I am not exactly sure how it would look like and how to pair it up with0.0
Feeling pretty topped up on SpTD's these days, they sure are tempting though.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I fully intend to be in, but I haven't placed the order yet. Is the Chiaccio the color in the picture? I think that's probably the one I want, but I'm tempted by the taupe as well. Were you the one who got swatches? Do we know what tannery the suede is from?

I'm also wondering about that sole (I don't see any information on it), and if there are any options to change it.
I assume it's Janus

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so 4 and 5 are both to the yellow bone, but one is closer to toe the other one is further away from toe?

Short Heel measurement would be the narrowest part of the ankle where tibia meets the talus (tibiotalar joint) to the thickest or meatiest part of the heel (Calcaneus).

I use this one for remote measurements.
20200625_094152.jpg

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
imagine the new world, got a cast for your foot, send the 3d print to your bespoke maker, then they can 3d print one...

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you made a cast of your feet?

Were you asking me? If you were, I do not.

Now what I have been doing with a few of the makers over the last 5 or so years is this system.

I send over measurements based on that picture I uploaded. I then send pictures of the measurements (tape on my foot), along with a trial pair

A few years back I commissioned a pair of shoes from Dimitri Gomez. He made me a pair of extremely well fitting trial shoes. So if the proposed maker allows it, I ship out the trial pair and have them ship it back to me. They use that trial pair to round out the measurements.
I still pay for the proposed maker's trial pair though.

Thus far, I have achieved fantastic results.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was wondering if that cast was yours!

That sounds like a smart method. You know, I've read in other threads on the forum about how molds/casts are seen as unhelpful when doing remote orders, I guess because the maker can't touch and feel and squish and poke the living foot, but it sure seems to me as though they could be of some use. They ought to keep you from missing by 4 cm, anyway!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[
Yeah, I was wondering if that cast was yours!

That sounds like a smart method. You know, I've read in other threads on the forum about how molds/casts are seen as unhelpful when doing remote orders, I guess because the maker can't touch and feel and squish and poke the living foot, but it sure seems to me as though they could be of some use. They ought to keep you from missing by 4 cm, anyway!

The only issue with the mold is that it doesn't have give. Nor does it respond when the makers pinches here or squeezes there haha.

With the method I have described, the most we have been off by is 1mm or maximum 2. Being 4cm off and I would scream out.. NOOB! No more commission. Finito la música.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder when you guys measure how tight do you pull or the other way how much give you put in (or as close as possible without pulling?)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder when you guys measure how tight do you pull or the other way how much give you put in (or as close as possible without pulling?)

Just tight enough where it doesn't constrain.

Think a sphygmomanometer. When they put it on you initially it isn't tight, but you know it's on your arm. That's how tight I leave the tape.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads