• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I also got to see lots of other people's pairs in the works...

can you say seamless wholecut crocodile boot??????????????? for a particular Russian client.

i think he just
poasted it today
on his blog
it is supposed
to be a chelsea.....

sauce: his blog

Stone

Reaction score
The straight vertical lines of the scales on the ankle makes it seem like he could almost do a gusset sided chelsea boot - with the elastic running in between the scales.

That's not the plan is it, as far as you know? How ridiculously awesome would that be?

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The straight vertical lines of the scales on the ankle makes it seem like he could almost do a gusset sided chelsea boot - with the elastic running in between the scales.

That's not the plan is it, as far as you know? How ridiculously awesome would that be?

That's exactly the plan.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you want to know what last a shoe is...just email Antonio...

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M and Maftei might be the two nicest bespoke makers I've ever seen. Haven't had the pleasure yet of handling either product, but just...wow. Amazing craftsman. And he's under 45, no?

Particularly love the gator. Looks much more durable than say lizard.

Great shoes, gents. Happy New Year!

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People should know that Antonio has some smart ways of avoiding customs/duties.

I paid no customs fees or duties for my two pairs of shoes.

If you are ordering from him, ask him for more info.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just commissioned my first pair from Antonio. Managed to sneak the order in before the price increase for the new year. It's an Aurum shoe, cap-toe adelaide (I believe the model is called 'Romulus' on his Tumblr) on the Aurum chisel last, no broguing, black pebble grain Annonay leather. Can't wait :)

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just commissioned my first pair from Antonio. Managed to sneak the order in before the price increase for the new year. It's an Aurum shoe, cap-toe adelaide (I believe the model is called 'Romulus' on his Tumblr) on the Aurum chisel last, no broguing, black pebble grain Annonay leather. Can't wait :)

Love that model. Can't wait to see pics.

Verniza

Reaction score
New Year, new shoes.

Would love some advice from people who are knowledgeable about Antonio's work. From what I gather, the Aurum is the higher grade compared to his RTW line especially in terms of leather used.

Are there other noticeable differences between them and how do they stack up against each other?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New Year, new shoes.

Would love some advice from people who are knowledgeable about Antonio's work. From what I gather, the Aurum is the higher grade compared to his RTW line especially in terms of leather used.

Are there other noticeable differences between them and how do they stack up against each other?

There's an informative post about the differences. Please search for it.

Antonio says an Aurum shoe takes him twice as long to make.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He makes some of the most beautiful shoes. This is one of my favorites. Anyone know what last and what line it is from?

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Antonio just sent me pictures of the finished shoes. Can't wait to get them!

which model are these and what specs do you have on them?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.