• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which maker is that?
Two actually. A HW Sons of Henrey (in Burgundy grain of some sort) SpTD. And a pair of Ramon Cuberta SpTD, also in Burgundy. The RCs I would need to see a drawing of how they may look, so I am waiting on that. Last thing I need is a pair of prissy looking one dimensional Split toes.

evangel21

Reaction score
Does anyone have any AMs in either Castagna del prete or Noce di benevento? Would like to see these colors in the wild.

Thanks in advance!

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any AMs in either Castagna del prete or Noce di benevento? Would like to see these colors in the wild.

Thanks in advance!
I just happen to be wearing a pair of Decurion 3s in Castagna del prete today; here you go:

20200408_decurion3s.jpg

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is so sexy, now I am having second thoughts about stocking it in this or oxblood. Man, look at those shoes. Antonio is incredible
They are amazing shoes, and the color has so much depth - my cell phone camera can't quite capture it, but it gets close... E sì, Anotonio è il maestro. :)

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks a bit front heavy than soft square but still very good
You hit the nail on the head.

There was something slightly off to my eye about these shoes. I could not put my finger on what it was. Front heavy!

I may be in the minority here, but after looking at several of AMs Split toes the style does not work for all leathers. The SpTDs that @nishant demonstrated a few days ago were glorious. When I have seen the Split Toes with a smooth leather, especially with a shine, the robustness of the frontal part of the shoe is accentuated. With a shined grained leather, I would anticipate the same reaction.

Perhaps either employing the design primarily with suede, or an unshined matted appearance should provide balance 🤔.

Saying that, they are still a fantastic pair of SpTDs that warrant addition to anyone's wardrobe.

reddargon

Reaction score
That is so sexy, now I am having second thoughts about stocking it in this or oxblood. Man, look at those shoes. Antonio is incredible
For what it's worth, my vote goes to Castagna del prete - I've been shopping for a brogue that looks like this for a long time and after seeing one, I would snap one up at the first opportunity.

Noblekostas

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my vote goes to Castagna del prete - I've been shopping for a brogue that looks like this for a long time and after seeing one, I would snap one up at the first opportunity.
Then in that case I would do it in this color and make the Hastatus in oxblood instead!

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been on this Oxblood/Burgundy, even Aubergine for few months. Should make for a popular but versatile piece I think.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head.

There was something slightly off to my eye about these shoes. I could not put my finger on what it was. Front heavy!

I may be in the minority here, but after looking at several of AMs Split toes the style does not work for all leathers. The SpTDs that @nishant demonstrated a few days ago were glorious. When I have seen the Split Toes with a smooth leather, especially with a shine, the robustness of the frontal part of the shoe is accentuated. With a shined grained leather, I would anticipate the same reaction.

Perhaps either employing the design primarily with suede, or an unshined matted appearance should provide balance 🤔.

Saying that, they are still a fantastic pair of SpTDs that warrant addition to anyone's wardrobe.
I guess with split toe, the attention is on the front by default, so now you mirror shine it with antiquing on the toe will definitely bring all the attention to the front, I guess that's why sometimes round toe can look a bit more balanced (because it draw less attention to the front vs. chisel, not sure), though I still prefer chisel, guess it's either soft square in F (live with a bit heel slippage) vs. Chisel 2...

evangel21

Reaction score
I just happen to be wearing a pair of Decurion 3s in Castagna del prete today; here you go:

View attachment 1367877
Thanks! The color looks awesome. Mid brown but dark enough yet not too dark like a dark brown.
Looking at doing something with AM in this color. This might have helped me in deciding which color to go for.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.