• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

AWu

Reaction score
So many Black Friday sales coming up in the next few days. I secretly hope AM does not have a sale if not it will derail all my planned expenditure. ?
Speaking of Centurions and corresponding STDs (the shoe type... ;)), there is a pretty good Sons of Henrey Pre-Black Friday sale now. Happy to share the 30% code if you guys like
Yes, please!

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So many Black Friday sales coming up in the next few days. I secretly hope AM does not have a sale if not it will derail all my planned expenditure. ?
Speaking of Centurions and corresponding STDs (the shoe type... ;)), there is a pretty good Sons of Henrey Pre-Black Friday sale now. Happy to share the 30% code if you guys like
Yes, please.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on how to mirror shine a cap toe with a medallion? Just got a pair of AMs with a medallion and having a tricky time keeping wax out of the holes and getting a proper mirror shine. I use Pate de luxe and mirror gloss.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on how to mirror shine a cap toe with a medallion? Just got a pair of AMs with a medallion and having a tricky time keeping wax out of the holes and getting a proper mirror shine. I use Pate de luxe and mirror gloss.
If you're getting polish in the holes, you're using to much polish. Try with less polish and start at a flat surface and work your way to the medallion.

Last edited:

spencert

Reaction score
When applying the hard wax, don't put too much. Work your way up from below the medallion in circular motions and slowly spread upwards. Remove the wax from the holes in the medallion with a toothpick if there are any later on. Rinse and repeat until you get your mirror shine.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Looks like AM’s new “choose your patina” is going strong...

Wouldn’t it be great if more models join this category? ?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Given that sizing of AM shoes may not be the most straightforward, I do believe that his Aeris RTW - particularly with this new “choose your patina”, is the most logical first step for someone new to his shoes.

After acquiring and wearing a pair of Aeris, the sizing information can be used to inform future GMTOs/ MTOs.

P.S. Somehow I do like AM or brands that do NOT have seasonal sale often (eg SuitSupply). Instead of making me wonder whether I have purchased something 25% more expensive than they would be, it gives me the peace of mind to buy at any time I feel like.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Given that sizing of AM shoes may not be the most straightforward, I do believe that his Aeris RTW - particularly with this new “choose your patina”, is the most logical first step for someone new to his shoes.

After acquiring and wearing a pair of Aeris, the sizing information can be used to inform future GMTOs/ MTOs.

P.S. Somehow I do like AM or brands that do NOT have seasonal sale often (eg SuitSupply). Instead of making me wonder whether I have purchased something 25% more expensive than they would be, it gives me the peace of mind to buy at any time I feel like.

I’ve noticed some difference in the fit and feel between my soft square Aeris And soft square Argentum. Hard to explain, but the Argentum is definitely more comfortable and easier to break it. The Aeris is a bit tighter at the toe box and I’ve had some pain in other areas during break in, but it is improving over time. The Aeris is still a beautiful shoe and far higher quality than other GYW in the same price range, but I’d pay a little more of a similar style is available in Argentum.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
I’ve noticed some difference in the fit and feel between my soft square Aeris And soft square Argentum. Hard to explain, but the Argentum is definitely more comfortable and easier to break it. The Aeris is a bit tighter at the toe box and I’ve had some pain in other areas during break in, but it is improving over time. The Aeris is still a beautiful shoe and far higher quality than other GYW in the same price range, but I’d pay a little more of a similar style is available in Argentum.

The lasts are subtly different. According to Antonio both Argentum soft square and the Aeris soft square are “1/4 size smaller” compared to other lasts. I wear soft square in 7.5 (very snug), and Aeris B05 in 8.0 (comfortable), and I suspect my size in these two lasts could be somewhere in the middle.

unprocessed

Reaction score
The lasts are subtly different. According to Antonio both Argentum soft square and the Aeris soft square are “1/4 size smaller” compared to other lasts. I wear soft square in 7.5 (very snug), and Aeris B05 in 8.0 (comfortable), and I suspect my size in these two lasts could be somewhere in the middle.

I actually sized down a half size on the first pair of Chisel 2s from my soft square , and they seem to fit even better that the soft square. I just purchased another Chisel 2 that is a half size bigger than my other pair of Chisel 2. Should get them next week. Hoping an insole will be enough to get me a good fit as I assume it will probably be too big for me.

spencert

Reaction score
Do note that shoes that don't fit snugly when new will tend to crease more. Advice from Antonio and Angela is to have a snug fit to prevent future creasing. The leather will stretch a little and the sole will sink in a bit over time, creating more room inside.

Not sure if getting a half size bigger is a good idea, especially since you mentioned that the original size is a good fit. However, if creases doesn't bother you then it won't matter. I wouldn't advice it though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads