• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

aj2603

Reaction score
The leather soles are pretty solid. Im from India and i wear AM shoes everyday. Just make sure to get metal toe tips as leather soles can wear down a bit in that area if you wear the same shoes often and they are not very nice to look at.
thank u for the advice... i am gonna get the metal tips installed for sure.. my wear is not so frequent.. due to the current shoe rotation, that i want to stick to.. i might wear them every 7-10 days...

I think i will order them with the metal tips and the lasted shoe trees... will skip on the vibram rubber since this is a plain black cap toe oxford.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m lazy so always ask Antonio to add vibram and metal toe tap.

I walk everywhere (nyc), personal experience is asphalt and gravel chew the sole more than whatever activity you do (longest I have walk in dress shoes was probably 10 miles, though more typical is perhaps 3 miles per day?)

ixk

Reaction score
How does AM rtw compare to SB rtw?
You're paying a price premium for Bemer's brand. A MTO from Meccariello with the best leather and construction will cost about 1000-1200 euros, Bemer will cost almost 2000 euros (tradizione line).

That's just how thing goes. If Meccariello makes it big and has flagships from NYC to Hong Kong, then he will increase prices and you'll have to look for a smaller maker to get better pricing.

Meccariello will make GYW shoes for 450-500, Bemer starts at 1k. Pricing is very different.

aj2603

Reaction score

I walk everywhere (nyc), personal experience is asphalt and gravel chew the sole more than whatever activity you do (longest I have walk in dress shoes was probably 10 miles, though more typical is perhaps 3 miles per day?)
so how are the soles of ur shoes holding up (comparative to other leather soles) ?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, I topy everything, so there isn't really any comparison to be made...

WhyUEarly

Reaction score

Do the metal tips Antonio use rust? Or are they brass? NYC streets have some rough conditions.

aj2603

Reaction score
AM offers two types: Triumph Metal Toe Tips for 61,48€ + VAT and Metal Toe Tips for 49,18€ + VAT

I would also like to know the difference between them if someone knows....

Last edited:

unprocessed

Reaction score
AM offers two types: Triumph Metal Toe Tips for 61,48€ + VAT and Metal Toe Tips for 49,18€ + VAT

I would also like to know the difference between them if someone know....
Cheaper one is Lulu, more expensive one is Triumph. They look different and Triumph takes up more space on the toe, but it’s just a personal preference, can’t go wrong with either.

Jon 1981

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before but which AM last is most similar to the Edward Green 202?
Kind regards

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Talking of durability of soles. The day before yesterday I had a short hike to work due to some traffic issues.

Both shoes and feet were intact after the hike. I think it shows very well the robustness of AM shoes and the Vibram (studded dainite style) sole he has chosen for my pair.

Shoes: “Sagittari 2” in Indigo Ilcea reverse suede, handwelted, on “Vibram Dainite” sole.

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
Talking of durability of soles. The day before yesterday I had a short hike to work due to some traffic issues.

Both shoes and feet were intact after the hike. I think it shows very well the robustness of AM shoes and the Vibram (studded dainite style) sole he has chosen for my pair.

Shoes: “Sagittari 2” in Indigo Ilcea reverse suede, handwelted, on “Vibram Dainite” sole.

View attachment 1279443

View attachment 1279444

View attachment 1279445

View attachment 1279446
How long did you wait for this MTO, if it is an MTO? Recently put a made-to-order Argentum with AM and while I hope for the best, I expect it will take around six months.

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
How long did you wait for this MTO, if it is an MTO? Recently put a made-to-order Argentum with AM and while I hope for the best, I expect it will take around six months.
It was a single-pair handwelted MTO (the leather was also a bit special and you don’t find it on his online MTO section) with AM direct and it took approximately “20 weeks” (Italian calendar, discounting all the holiday and expected and unexpected delays). So it was around 6 months, yes.

More recently the time has been changed to 22-24 weeks, so putting in summer or winter breaks, I do expect the time to be closer to 7-8 months. If you have any genuine urgency (like you need the shoes for a particular event), I think you may explain to Antonio and see if something can be done.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 136 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 254 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.8%
  • 31 - 40