• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont really think They will... and i dont think it because black friday is an american thing, like pay pal, he dont have pay pal in his webstore.

The only discounts you Can find for Mecariello is in his outlet stock.
A lot of Italian stores do Black Friday sale, SB for example.

Anyway, planning to place an order this week so checking.

unprocessed

Reaction score
YMMV, but after a few wears I’ve found my Argentum soft square to be significantly more comfortable than my Aeris soft square, which has been a uncomfortable and at times painful break in. While the Aeris RTW has some great choices, I think I’m going to go with Argentum moving forward. The comfort difference for me is well worth the modestly higher price.

LThomsen

Reaction score

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does AM rtw compare to SB rtw?
Please stop your comparison questions. You are posting it on every single thread now.
Can't you understand people may get upset if the brand they loved are evaluated as less comparable?

At a minimal, utilize the search function and figure it out yourself.

aj2603

Reaction score
Hi.. i have a conundrum about AM shoe soles.

The context is that i am debating with myself as to should i get the Half Rubber sole Vibram insert installed by Antonio or not..

I am going for a plain black cap toe oxford. With that kind of shoe its best to go for a leather sole. But i wanted to know if anyone could share their experience with the leather soles of AM shoes. How durable are they ?

Or should i go for Vibram inserts for the added durability and traction..

What do u guys think ??

PS: I live in India, so re-soleing a shoe is not easy..

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 10.16.23 AM.png

styc

Reaction score
The soles are hardy AF. I understand that AM hammers the crap out of his leather soles to densify the pores and make it longer lasting. I would say the soles should last as long as the thin rubber vibram. Of course the downside is that you have to air dry the leather soles if they get wet to prevent mould and you will also have less traction if you doing James Bond type work where you have to chase after guys and jump fences etc.

RishaStyle

Reaction score
Hi.. i have a conundrum about AM shoe soles.

The context is that i am debating with myself as to should i get the Half Rubber sole Vibram insert installed by Antonio or not..

I am going for a plain black cap toe oxford. With that kind of shoe its best to go for a leather sole. But i wanted to know if anyone could share their experience with the leather soles of AM shoes. How durable are they ?

Or should i go for Vibram inserts for the added durability and traction..

What do u guys think ??

PS: I live in India, so re-soleing a shoe is not easy..

View attachment 1278973
The leather soles are pretty solid. Im from India and i wear AM shoes everyday. Just make sure to get metal toe tips as leather soles can wear down a bit in that area if you wear the same shoes often and they are not very nice to look at.

aj2603

Reaction score
The soles are hardy AF. I understand that AM hammers the crap out of his leather soles to densify the pores and make it longer lasting. I would say the soles should last as long as the thin rubber vibram. Of course the downside is that you have to air dry the leather soles if they get wet to prevent mould and you will also have less traction if you doing James Bond type work where you have to chase after guys and jump fences etc.

thanks for the advice ... lol.. no James Bond stuff.. i have a desk job...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40