• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 5: Good Art HLYWD rosette courtesy of Self Edge

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 5th auction is for a custom Good Art HLYWD bracelet courtesy of Self Edge. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One simplified rule I use when recommending AM size to my friends:

1. For first time buyers, take JL/ TLB +0.5 for Chisel 1/2, Mayfair and Round
2. For Hawksbill, Soft square and Aeris Soft Square, further add 0.5

That semi brogue pair is in Round last? Down 0.5 from soft square would be right for some but tight for some other.
Thank you very much for this helpful info. That's what I've contemplated as well. I'm generally a UK7,5 but take UK8 for some, such as Bestetti, GG, EG. For Vass, it depends on the last.

How is the B last compared to the soft square length, width wise and room in the toe box?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Thank you very much for this helpful info. That's what I've contemplated as well. I'm generally a UK7,5 but take UK8 for some, such as Bestetti, GG, EG. For Vass, it depends on the last.

How is the B last compared to the soft square length, width wise and room in the toe box?
I don’t have Argentum B shoes. From what i have read from AM website, Last B fits similar to Chisel 1/2 and Round. Soft square is well-known for its low instep which is not an issue on his other lasts.

You can refer to the size comparison data here:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did look there before. Think I'm going to take my chance with UK7,5. Does AM offer returns/exchange for RTW?

shirtingfantasy

Reaction score
Yes, provided that no metal toe plate/ Vibram insert was ordered with the shoes. In other words, shoes - soles in particular - have to remain in pristine condition.

Better double-check and verify sizing with Angela before you order, just to be safe 😉😉

ryanluo23

Reaction score
I did look there before. Think I'm going to take my chance with UK7,5. Does AM offer returns/exchange for RTW?
angela does a good job to confirm and ascertain your size prior to shipping. However once its shipped, to exchange, you will be liable for all cost

Zargdak

Reaction score
Are there any good online guides that show how to properly maintain dress shoes?

spencert

Reaction score
Highly recommend Kirby Allison, easy to follow videos about everything from regular maintenance to how to achieve a mirror shine.
Agreed, and I would also recommend the Elegant Oxford Youtube channel
Just don't listen to his BS about Saphir Renomat or Renovateur are ok to be used in good quality shoes. It will!

Sadly I fell for it.

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
Are there any good online guides that show how to properly maintain dress shoes?
I like shoegazing.com for the polishing guide posted there. It’s well written and includes pictures for reference. Kirby Allison is where I started when I wanted a video of shoe polishing though lately watching Japanese shoe-shining champions is my go to. You can look up The Way Things Go shoe shine or The Armoury Shoe shine, then move to other recommended videos.

Zaos1

Reaction score
Have anyone checked with AM if they are going to do Black Friday Sale?
I dont really think They will... and i dont think it because black friday is an american thing, like pay pal, he dont have pay pal in his webstore.

The only discounts you Can find for Mecariello is in his outlet stock.

unprocessed

Reaction score
Looks like they had a 10% BF sale in 2017 but can’t find anything about last year.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 27 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 136 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 254 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 123 15.8%
  • 31 - 40